Integration & Test Engineer (Dragon Spacecraft) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Integration & Test Engineer (Dragon Spacecraft)
Manufacturing and Production Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Manufacturing/Production â€" One of the most critical needs we now have at SpaceX is for Manufacturing/Production engineers. With two vehicles flight proven, we have a $3 billion backlog of sold flights. The next critical phase is proving our ability to build rockets with increasing speed while maintaining quality in order to meet the markets high demand. We are looking to add manufacturing engineers throughout the company.
Develop and execute build and test procedures for the integration and test of flight hardware and ground support equipment
- Writes test procedures, develop automated test sequences and telemetry handling files
- Updates/develops the ground control software to support vehicle testing
- Participates in the design of periphery systems that interface with the ground software and vehicle that supports integration
- Acts as Vehicle Controller and /or Test Conductor during space vehicle integrated system tests
Responsible for vehicle-level integration and test concept of operations (a.k.a. â€build flowâ€)
- Cross-functional coordination between engineering and production disciplines to define the build and test sequence at the major assembly level
- Provides feedback to design engineering to ensure design for manufacturability and testability standards are met at the vehicle level
- Oversees development of detailed integration and test work instructions
- Responsible for improving efficiency and reducing manpower requirements for vehicle testing
Responsible for enabling day-to-day execution of the vehicle integration and test flow
- Provides cross-functional coordination to ensure people/parts/people are in order to support the build flow
- Bridges the gap between production and design engineering to resolve non-conformances, establish resolution plan and drive them to closure
- Identifies resource and order of operational conflicts and works to resolve them
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical. Aerospace, or other)
- Two years of work experience is desired, but not required
- The role is multidisciplinary, each candidate must have competency in basic analog and digital circuits, fluids, statics and mechanics, sensors and instrumentation, and data acquisition
- Experience in control and monitoring of complex automated systems and risk assessment/reduction of the system
Additional position information
- Experience with LabView is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience with project management is preferred
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED