Integration & Test Engineer (Falcon 9 - Launch Vehicle) SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Integration & Test Engineer (Falcon 9 - Launch Vehicle)
Manufacturing and Production Engineering | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Responsible for management and closure of top level Falcon 9 vehicle work order ensuring that all sub-system level hardware kits are defined and integrated properly complying to the top level drawing configuration, required procedures are executed and any transferred work from other SpaceX launch vehicle integration sites is incorporated and completed successfully
- Manage and author as required supplemental work instructions for the top level vehicle work order and ensure the governing manufacturing engineering master pertaining to the top level drawing is accurate
- Assist in resolution and closure of integration and/or test anomalies associated with execution of top level work order through utilization of the resource planning system
- Assist Flight Systems Manager in developing a detailed Falcon 9 integration and test concept of operations outlining every major assembly and test operation by procedure for the major integrated levels of assembly on the Falcon 9 launch vehicle including primary test objectives
- Ensure that concept of operations maps directly to the top level Falcon 9 drawing tree developed by Structures/propulsion/avionics design engineering
- Support Flight Systems Manager and production organization in definition and execution of F9 integrated scheduling defined by procedure
- Support primary F9 integrated assembly pre-ship reviews in conjunction with overarching process developed by Flight Systems Management
- Support engineering master and manufacturing work instructions definition on other lower level primary F9 integrated assemblies as required to fulfill production delivery goals
- Will work to translate required hardware integration and test process improvements learned through different phases of the launch vehicle build cycle back through the primary production line
- Frequent communication with integration and test personnel at Texas, Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg test and launch site operations required
- Travel to test and launch sites to support vehicle operations will be required
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical. Aerospace, or other), plus two years of applicable experience
- Minimum three years experience as a manufacturing or test engineer supporting highly integrated cross-disciplinary assembly operations
- Master of Science in Engineering field preferred
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience as a technical project lead is preferred
Additional position information
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED