Interaction Designer - San Francisco MuleSoft
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The MuleSoft Products team seeks a full-time user interaction designer. The Interaction Designer will support MuleSoft's product teams in interface design and user experience, including Eclipse-based development tools and web-based applications and cloud services for API management, service governance and IT operations. Simplicity is the hallmark of MuleSoft's products, so we are looking for an Interaction Designer with a deep passion for creating product interfaces that drive user productivity through the elegance of the user experience. The candidate should be able to effectively balance multiple priorities and deliverables, answering to multiple stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be laser-focused on driving usability, but must also possess the technical acumen to work with a strong development team and have the confidence to drive their UI recommendations.
- Drive designs from ideation to implementation
- Communicate designs through user personnas, storyboards, mockups and interactive prototypes
- Perform frequent user testing on product designs and recommend usability improvements based on observations
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering to implement your designs
- Meet and communicate with engineering and evangelize interface guidelines and design patterns
- User interface designs and interaction specs
- Heuristic evaluations of existing interfaces
- Regular cadence of user testing sessions and actionable recommendations based on results
- UI standards, interaction guidelines and checklists
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Deep appreciation for simple balanced design
- Expert in user-centered design methods and best practices
- Strong communication and expertise in required tools needed to effectively communicate designs and UX best practices
- Skill to dissect and analyze any user experience and communicate its strengths and weaknesses and recommend improvements
- Professional training or demonstrated professional expertise in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Graphic Design or related field
Domain experience in enterprise middleware tools and software aimed at technical audiences (developers, IT operations, etc.) is extremely valuable but neither sufficient on its own nor required. All candidates are asked to submit a design portfolio of your work that you are most proud of.
With an exceptionally fast cycle of development, a truly entrepreneurial culture, and an overall creative and forward-thinking mindset, this should be the dream job of any interaction designer.
- Benefits package includes health care, dental, vision; life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, sick leave, and 401k.
MuleSoft is solving the largest and most important problem in IT: integration. Companies spend $500 billion dollars every year writing custom integration code to make systems work together - a problem that's only increasing with the cloud. We built the world's most widely used integration platform, which connects applications, databases and organizations as easily as Facebook connects people. Our technology is a key enabler of today's most important movements: cloud, social, mobile and the enterprise.
MuleSoft is an explosive-growth, well-funded, early stage company on a mission to fix integration. We have big name customers like JP Morgan, BMW, Wal-Mart, Nokia and Zynga, and over 3,000 companies and 100,000 developers use our products.Our goal is to build a great company filled with exceptional people who challenge and admire each other. Are you looking for a fast-paced environment with a huge market opportunity and unlimited growth potential? If you want to have a big impact on our success, love working in high performing teams, and have the track record to prove it, we want to meet you!
To all recruitment agencies: MuleSoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MuleSoft employees or any other company location. MuleSoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Investors: Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
, Lightspeed Venture Partners
, Sapphire Ventures All Jobs: at MuleSoft
|Headquarters:||30 Maiden Lane|
San Francisco, CA 94108
|Company Profile:||MuleSoft is an explosive growth, well-funded software startup. Our award-winning products have been downloaded over 1.5 million times, and more than 2,500 organizations are using them in production, including big-dog companies like Walmart.com, Nestle, Honeywell, DHL, as well as 5 of the world's top 10 banks. In 2009 we grew revenues 152 and quadrupled our product offering.
We are laser-focused on making life easier for developers and IT. Our products are built on Mule ESB and Apache Tomcat, open source projects that are being downloaded and used by millions of people worldwide. Today's developers are looking for simplicity and freedom from the bloated legacy Java "stacks" that were built over a decade ago. They need middleware that embraces today's web-centric approaches, including dynamic languages, mobile, and the cloud. This new lightweight approach is fundamentally changing the industry, and we are leading that movement -- we call it Web Middleware.
At MuleSoft, our singular mission is to build a great company with a brilliant team of colleagues. If you think you can make a huge difference and are ready to show us, we want to meet you.|
Support MuleSoft with Social Media services