Intern- Software Developer PowerReviews
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Ready for a change in 2012?
PowerReviews is the leading provider of social commerce software-as-a-service solutions to global retailers and brands. We are an innovative social commerce company committed to making end-to-end social solutions that are blazing a new trail for companies to market, sell, design and innovate their products. The company's unique structured data approach to collecting, organizing, and analyzing user-generated content significantly boosts product sales and customer engagement.
We've got the Power and so should you!
- PowerReviews is live on over 5,500 websites - across 13 languages in 25 countries - including Staples, Drugstore.com, Room & Board, ESPN, Quicksilver, and Jockey.
- Customer Reviews Solution Leader in the Internet Retailer Top 500 survey, AlwaysOn Top 100 SaaS award winner, JMP Hot 100 award winner and one of 90 Facebook preferred vendors.
- Venture capital backing from Four Rivers Group, Woodside Fund, Menlo Ventures and Tenaya Capital.
- Two patents since 2009 from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (U.S. Patent No. 7,930,363) relating to the method in which it delivers user-generated product reviews to websites globally.
We are looking for smart, creative interns who enjoy building great software. We expect our interns to work on real projects - no bug fixing or 'internal tools' here! Some of our current ideas for projects include:
-- Building mobile applications to help people during the shopping process
-- Data mining on our large set of product review data to surface interesting trends
-- Public-facing API development to allow mobile apps, Facebook apps, etc.
Our goal is to have you work in a small group to develop something that can be released by the end of your internship. You will be paired up with a mentor, and be involved in all phases of the software lifecycle, from specification to design, coding, and deployment. You'll also get to know a great team and have fun! We're located in downtown San Francisco, close to Union Square and many other amenities.
* Pursuing a Computer Science or equivalent experience (preferably in Junior or Senior year)
* Experience with web application development
* Experience with Java development
* Experience in data structures and algorithms
* Writing beautiful code that is well documented and modular
* Experience with database design and performance optimization
* A genuine passion for the web, new technologies, and open source software
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED