Intern- Software Engineer - Platform/OS Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto Networks is THE leading network security company. Our market is the network security market and consists of enterprises, government entities, and service providers. It is an $11Bn market globally. Our next-generation network security solutions safely enable applications, prevent threats, simplify network security infrastructure, and reduce costs. They do so at high speed and with great flexibility.
As an intern on the Platform/OS software group at Palo Alto Networks, you will participate in the design and development of our next-generation firewall platforms. Responsibilities will include build and system infrastructure, development of tools for multiple hardware platforms, and definition and development of system software to provide a consistent environment for feature development.
In the platform team, you will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test. This includes developing functional specifications, system design, and assessing task requirements and scheduling. You will work with a team of experienced engineers and develop code that will be used across the development organization.
Candidate should have an interest in hardware, system software, networking, and have experience with embedded software and/or low-level linux kernel software development
- Strong scripting skills with bash and python
- Experience or interest with build systems and tools such as gmake, autoconf, rpm, and cross compile environments
- Experience with unit test is a plus
- Good knowledge of C programming
- Familiarity with x86 and MIPS architecture are pluses
- Interest in networking hardware and familiarity with physical networking technologies and hardware bus protocols
- Ability to work well with a group of senior engineers in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ongoing pursuit of BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED