Internship/Co-op Summer 2013, Texas SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Internship/Co-op Summer 2013, Texas
Internships and Co-Ops | McGregor, TX, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Rocket Development Facility â€" Our Texas team is an integral part of SpaceX operations and plays the critical role of testing our flight vehicles and spacecraft. Located on a 700 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. Experiencing the rumbling of a rocket engine multiple times each day is just one of the highlights of working at our Rocket Development Facility.
- Assist engineers in developing, continually reviewing, maintaining, and executing Test/GSE plans and processes
- Assist engineers in working with data acquisition systems to continually improve data recording
- Assist engineers in designing and maintaining facilities intended to test aerospace components, structures, and propulsion systems
- Analyze high-fidelity measurement systems to include uncertainty, repeatability, and accuracy
- Conduct tests, structural analysis and associated numerical tools to evaluate hardware performance
- Complete projects assigned by engineers in helping to improve efficiency and site-wide goals
- Coordinate with engineers to highlight problems and suggest areas for improvement
- Develop novel ways site-wide to streamline processes and increase the reliability of testing operations
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a four year university or college with a degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, or software engineering
- Preferred GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Hands-on experience in prior internships or work experience, preferred
Software/Computer Skills and Required Skill Level:
- Strong fundamental understanding of fluid systems engineering, mechanical design, and instrumentation systems, required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced team environment
- Communication skills for relaying data (verbal and written) between other employees and customers
- A demonstrated ability in reading/understanding blueprints and technical manuals and reports
- Windows Operating Systems, Intermediate
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), Intermediate
- National Instruments Labview, Novice
- Matlab, Novice-Intermediate or C++, Novice-Intermediate or Visual Basic, Novice-Intermediate
- Unigraphics, Novice
Additional position information
- General physical fitness is required for some work areas, flight hardware typically is built in tight quarters and physical dexterity is required
- Willingness to work outdoors
Work Hours and Conditions:
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Typically 50 hour work weeks, schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility required
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED