Internship - Product Development Sparta Systems
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About Sparta Systems R&D:
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-paced growth oriented product development company and work alongside experts in the industry. Sparta Systems is the leader in Enterprise Quality Management Systems. The products we are working on are in leading edge technology areas such as Java, J2EE, Mobility, Cloud and Business Intelligence. We recently moved into our new state of the art Headquarters in Hamilton, NJ. The "Sparta Innovation Center" is an entire floor for our technical team complete with war rooms for collaboration, ample conference space with integrated flat screen displays, whiteboard painted walls throughout, and a brightly lit (real light from the outside) open layout. Every member of R&D enjoys new workspace furniture, brand new modern laptop and two wide-screen displays mounted on adjustable arms. Innovation and thought leadership is a growing culture in the organization. We have over 10 patents, are involved in open source projects, and many regularly speak at industry events. While we are growing every day and working with top companies in the industry, we have preserved a smaller company feel where we find time for company activities, participating in the company's Give Back program, play games in our employee forum area, and have a company sponsored lunch together every friday. This is truly a great place to build your career while contributing to the company's success.
Support the development of a commercial software product (TrackWise) by contributing to the Software Engineering Operations team.
About the Engineering Operations Team
The Engineering Operations Team provides for all systems that support the Software Development Lifecycle. This includes Source Code Control, Document Management, Build Systems, Requirements Management, etc. Engineering Operations activities are critical to our business and touch upon the entire development lifecycle
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop or modify programs or scripts that automate the daily building of our software.
2. Perform User Administration tasks for development systems.
3. Modify or Develop processes in development systems to support the software lifecycle.
4. Document processes
1. Pursuing a BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
2. Motivation and interest in learning how a commercial software product is developed.
3. Some type of programming experience (could be from a university course or project).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to learn quickly while being mentored by a senior team member.
2. Ability to work as a team player.
3. Experience with any type of programming language.
4. Experience with the following is a plus:
Java, Web Application Development, SQL, any scripting language
||Holmdel Corporate Plaza |
2137 Highway 35
Holmdel, NJ 07733
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED