Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla Motors is looking for a motivated, experienced, and knowledgeable Inventory Analyst. This individual will work in our U.S. office to analyze and improve material flows and inventory control processes, policies, procedures, and systems to ensure accurate financial inventory levels and traceability of materials for planning purposes for the Service & Parts Department.
- Resolve process issues related to materials management, warehousing, production control, logistics, distribution, and returns of finished goods and sub-assemblies
- Recommend and develop systematic solutions and strategies to control inventory flow and maintain inventory accuracy
- Develop and maintain cycle count activity and provide variance reporting for finished goods and sub-assembly inventory globally at stores, service centers, and production areas
- Reconcile inventory variances due to missed transactions, engineering changes, repair order changes, and improper set up of item master data parameters
- Research root causes of inventory discrepancies and identify process, system, and training improvements.
- Work with sales and service team to facilitate problem resolution and standardize best practices in communicating and controlling finished goods inventory
- Report, analyze and drive reduction of excess and obsolete inventory
- Generate inventory forecast report
- Develop additional reporting to increase visibility into supply risks and inventory exposures at the service & parts distribution center.
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development teams, as well as warehouse, material planning, sales managers, and logistics personnel
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline, preferred
- 5 years related experience in inventory analysis, production control, materials management, or material planning
- Analytical capabilities including data analysis to optimize inventory levels; advanced MS Excel skills desired
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) certification a plus
- Proficiency with SAP version 4.6 and higher in a discrete manufacturing environment
- Detail oriented, with exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment
- Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Strong work ethics
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Derwood, MD |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|