iOS Mobile Developer Trulia
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Engineering gets respect.
We use the phrase 'we're a tech company that does Real Estate' to emphasize how important engineering is to the company. Engineering is the department that drives our apps, tools, data, and interfaces forward. This attitude comes not only from the Engineers, but from our CEO and other top management. They believe in us.
We have awesome problems to solve.
The housing market provides a fantastic blend of problems. We need creative people to help us combine the data about every address in America with the soft side of helping people find a home that makes them feel safe, happy, and comfortable.
Stability is wonderful.
We're that rare company that holds the culture of its startup roots, while blending in the sanity of a regular work schedule with an emphasis on work/life/family balance. It's like this because we worked hard to make it this way.
What you'll work on:
- You'll be part of the team responsible for all of Trulia's iOS application development. This includes all of our top rated iPhone and iPad apps in the App Store. These apps are used by millions of consumers and real estate professionals each day, so the work you do will have huge impact.
- You'll contribute to Trulia's awesome, employee-centric team by participating in agile stand-ups, weekly planning meetings, and tight integration with our Product and Design teams.
- You'll work with your colleagues to achieve great things, constantly reviewing open source projects, performance optimizations, and best practices.
Who are you:
- You are a solid mobile developer, having worked in a professional coding environment for at least 3 years, with at least 2 of those years spent in Obj-C working on iOS.
- You understand how to manage your time across several projects that are always in progress.
- You've demonstrated success innovating with Engineering, Product and Design teams.
- You enjoy working with talented engineers, and crave an environment where you can learn from others, while teaching them all you know.
- You live to break down and solve complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
- You're a great person that willingly collaborates, listens, and cares about treating people fairly.
- Your work commands a top ranking in the App Store.
What you'll work with:
We have 6 top rated apps in the App Store; all of our apps are Objective C as we are particular about great user experience. We utilize open-source libraries like AFNetworking, BlockKit, SDWebImage, Nimbus and more to optimize our code. We also love GCD, Blocks, NSOperations, and all the native goodness that the iOS SDK provides to help make our apps more awesome. We use Git, and are nurturing a culture of code review. We are always looking for new performance tools and optimization techniques to enhance our Mobile Apps. If you have a great idea that will benefit the team, we are all ears and will try our best to implement it.
How we work:
The engineering team is about a hundred people, and we break into small teams of 2-4 to focus on specific projects. We release often, with new features always under development and a strong focus on user experience. Our local QA team writes automation tests and does hand testing of your features, working with you to ensure that only high quality code gets to production. Organizationally, we're pretty flat, though you'll have a mentor with whom you'll have weekly 1-on-1 meetings, to review code, exchange ideas, and ensure we're doing everything we can for you to thrive in your role.
- 'Innovation Week' every quarter
- Stocked Kitchens (Breakfast, snacks, drinks, etc), and a kegerator
- People you're happy to see every day
- Great benefits (untracked time off, variety of health plans)
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED