iPhone Mobile Developer MapMyFitness, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About MapMyFitness, Inc.:
We're a well-funded and fast growing start-up. We're building the future of fitness applications on both the web and mobile. MapMyFitness is consistently ranked among the top fitness apps in the world, with four+ star iTunes and Android app ratings and 9 million registered users growing at more than 20,000 a day. We're looking for only the best and brightest in the industry to join our team - and those with a passion for health and fitness.
You're a professional software developer. You know computer science regardless of whether you learned it academically, professionally, or by hacking on your own. You explore the breadth of the system and the landscape of available technologies. At the same time, you maintain a laser focus on producing customer value. You crave feedback from your peers and your users. You continually form hypotheses and seek to validate or invalidate them in production by shipping small changes frequently. Your teamwork displays an appreciation for both the spirit and the letter of Agile process. You work hard, and you continually seek ways to work smarter. You gush with optimism without allowing blind spots to prevent you from seeing risks. You avoid the temptation to plagiarize this paragraph as your cover letter. You realize that nobody achieves these ideals, but you try yourself anyway.
- Objective C with the power to grasp and use blocks or grand central dispatch
- iOS (core data, core animation, core graphics)
- Can perform a stirring recitation of Apple's human interface guidelines upon request
- Working with RESTful APIs and JSON is second nature
- 2-500 years of experience
- Test-driven development
- Agile planning and estimation
- Mobile web ninja skills (ie, has scripted a custom gesture using touch events)
- Math whiz, ability to wield noise filters at will
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- SQL, the ability to dig into data
- Testing tools (KIF, OCUnit)
This position may be based out of our downtown Austin, TX office or our Denver, CO office located at 18th and Blake St.
- You will get to work for one of the coolest companies on the planet
- You get to come to work and know your efforts are truly bettering the lives of millions of people each month
- We pay 100% of premiums for medical and dental insurance for you
- We pay 50% of premiums for medical and dental insurance for your dependents
- You will get a generous portion of stock options
- You will get reimbursed for $500 in health & fitness related expenses per year (think gym memberships, fitness event registration fees, ski lift tickets, cycling gear, running shoes, etc.)
This is a huge opportunity for the right individual to help shape the way health and fitness impacts peoples lives. If you feel you're up for the challenge, send resume, work samples, and your ideas about our products.
We'd also love to see your profile on our website or any competitor's website, your blog, and your Twitter feed.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Empowering Active LifestylesInvestors: Austin Ventures All Jobs: at MapMyFitness, Inc.
|Headquarters:||522 E 6th ST|
Austin, TX 78701
|Company Profile:||MapMyFitness, Inc. was founded in 2006 and maintains its headquarters in Austin, Texas. Our suite of websites - MapMyFitness.com, MapMyRide.com, MapMyRun.com, MapMyTri.com, MapMyWalk.com, MapMyHike.com, and MapMyMountain.com - are the fastest growing online fitness-oriented social networks and training applications.
We target players across the health and fitness spectrum, including healthy and active individuals, race and event directors, and fitness and wellness oriented community groups and clubs.
Our sites provide over 3,000,000 runners, cyclists, walkers, triathletes, and hikers, with an array of online training tools, including an advanced geo-mapping application, a database of searchable saved routes, training logs, interactive community groups, dedicated discussion forums, fitness calculators, global event listings and opportunities to compete virtually. Additionally, we offer mobile applications that use the built-in GPS functionality of the iPhone and BlackBerry to enable users to track and record their fitness activity.
Support MapMyFitness, Inc. with Social Media services