- Provide first line response for users requiring assistance with information technology Issues and problems.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance by phone, email, in person and logging the issue in a help desk management system.
- Tracking issues to resolution.
- Knowledge of computers both PC and Mac
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows server
- Escalate more involved problems to the appropriate teams
- Represent the IT department in a positive, and energetic way
- Eagerness to learn
Although this position usually covers a broad scope of technologies such as password resets, Microsoft Windows issues, assistance with email software, or assistance with cloud based solutions (Gmail, Dropbox, GotoMeeting, etc.), the depth of knowledge required is vast and can be learned. IT staff must display endless patience, great manner, and be helpful by nature. Entry level job candidates wanting to enter this field may develop their skills in the following areas.
- Knowledge of operating systems such as Windows 7 (most common) and OS X.
- Knowledge of email software, Internet browsers, and common applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and manner.
- Cisco phone system and switching
Attraction to the position
|Location:||Cambridge, MA |