IT Internship/Co-op spring 2013, Texas SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
IT Internship/Co-op spring 2013, Texas
Internships and Co-Ops | McGregor, TX, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
Rocket Development Facility â€" Our Texas team is an integral part of SpaceX operations and plays the critical role of testing our flight vehicles and spacecraft. Located on a 700 acre site in central Texas, the Rocket Development Facility is responsible for testing hardware from development stages through acceptance for flight, and from component level to complete stage testing. Experiencing the rumbling of a rocket engine multiple times each day is just one of the highlights of working at our Rocket Development Facility.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktop computers, laptop computers, peripheral equipment and software, including not only standard business applications from Microsoft and others, but specialized industry software
- Assist with workstation image building, configuration, and management
- Provide support for high level installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of IP equipment such as cameras, printers, servers, and network switches
- Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary for critical site operations or IT maintenance
- Support SpaceX with the regular maintenance of SNMP monitoring systems
- Perform and maintain inventory control and asset management
- Perform in a fast-paced environment where project deadlines are critical and multiple projects run in parallel
- Work independently with minimal supervision as well as function as a successful and participating team member
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma and currently seeking degree in Computer Science, Maintenance, Engineering or other related technical field
- Previous experience with end user support and IT technologies preferred
- Cabling and electronics licenses, certificates or registration a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware, software, and IP networks
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively and independently
- Working knowledge of audio visual equipment
- Must have current driver's license
- Strong organizational, analytical and customer service skills
- Personal initiative in developing efficient work processes
Additional position information
- Ability to work in a high concentration, high stress environment
- Good response to challenges posed by short deadlines
- Acute attention to detail
- A positive, upbeat attitude
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds for duties such as delivering computers, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, etc.
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to weather extremes
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Work Hours & Conditions:
- Schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility required
- Provide on-call service as required
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED