IT Manager Minerva Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Minerva enables service providers to offer an engaging television experience to their subscribers, across any network, on any device and at any time. Every day more than three hundred operators around the world deliver advanced television services powered by our software platform.
Entertainment and information consumption patterns are increasingly driven by users? choices and preferences. The Minerva iTVFusion service management platform enables operators to empower subscribers to customize their viewing experience and enjoy a compelling television service. By offering consumers a consistent user experience across multiple content sources, networks, applications and devices, service providers can increase market penetration, grow revenue, and build customer loyalty.
Our products are recognized worldwide for their superior technical innovation and quality.
Minerva is a privately held corporation, headquartered in Alviso, California with sales, support, and development offices strategically located throughout the world.
- Supervise Help Desk Administrator.
- Responsible for the oversight, direction, planning, implementation and coordination of all IT technologies and technical services within the company.
- Responsible for insuring IT software and system?s environments are current with technology standards.
- Ensure that the implementations in IT are inline with the current business requirements and future goals of the company.
- Provide strategic operational direction, guidance and leadership for network architecture and administration.
- Provide oversight of day to day operations as well as disaster recovery solutions.
- Develop and maintain all systems, servers, workstations, security, network configurations, and other electronic communication devices.
- Troubleshoot network and desktop performance issues.
- Manage company email system (MS-Exchange), anti-virus management (Kaspersky), and spam email filtering management (Google Postini).
- Oversee backup procedures and maintain disaster recovery plans.
- Support and enforce company information policies and procedures.
- Manage all network applications and services (DNS, WINS, AD, Wiki, RDS, Terminal Srvs, File&Print Svcs, ERP)
- Manage VPN services ensuring corporate security and connectivity between remote users and sites.
- Recommend purchases, upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Maintain software inventory and tagged asset management.
- Deploy and manage printing services to all corporate users and network printers.
- Maintain the corporate website, intranet sites, FTP server and other external devices, and be the primary contact for all associated IT related vendors.
- Support multi regions such as Bulgaria and Italy development sites.
- Minimum 5
- 5 years of IT management experience including direct supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP and domain naming system, terminal server and related technologies.
- Knowledge of multi-vendor network devices operating in a unicast and multicast network, ensuring customer SLA video streaming quality.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Prepared to work in a diverse technological environment and be able to provide hands-on support of technologies when necessary
- Vendor/contractor management skills
- Communications skills (written and verbal)
- Flexibility to work with multiple business functions/capabilities
- Available to be on call 24/7, meeting overseas office?s requests
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- BS degree in Computer Science
- CCNA or CCNP
- Understanding of system disaster recovery operations, systems troubleshooting and performance monitoring, tape backup and restore procedures.
- 5+ years of Microsoft and Red Hat Linux operating system administration experience.
- Experience with storage, VMware, SAN, data retention/management.
- 5+ years of networking administration of different layer2/layer3 manufactured switches/routers, primarily Cisco, Network Extreme, and Nortel.
||Alviso, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED