IT Network/Telephony Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
IT Network/Telephony Engineer
Information Services and Technology | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
We're looking for people who can wear multiple hats. If you like owning a project from gathering requirements to designing the underlying data structures to making an amazing user interface, then this is the place for you.
What else? Agile development methodologies, free frozen yogurt, stock options and the opportunity to help advance space technologies further than they've ever gone before.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Design, implement, and maintain our robust, high performance enterprise-wide network infrastructure at all SpaceX locations worldwide.
- Develop and support several mission critical data transport systems for voice, video, and telemetry distribution to SpaceX locations over MPLS and Internet WAN networks.
- Provide support and scale growth of SpaceX VoIP systems including Cisco CallManager, Voice Gateways, IP Fax services, Unity voicemail, and related services.
- Install and configure servers, telephony devices, and other IT datacenter systems in support of SpaceX systems engineering.
- Support the regular maintenance of monitoring, backup, and infrastructure systems.
- Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX IT systems for upgrades and maintenance.
Education & Training:
- Expert level experience with dynamic routing protocols, tunnels, firewalls, switching, multicast, network security, enterprise monitoring, high performance design, and quality of service for priority applications.
- Expert knowledge of both Linux and Microsoft operating systems and tools.
- Basic familiarity with Cisco IP telephony gateways, voicemail, and telco voice PRI/FXO services.
- Ability to write instructional documentation and convey highly technical ideas in terms regular (non geeks) can understand.
- To help SpaceX operate in an email heavy, paperless culture, a fast typist is preferred.
- Motivated self-starter personality, able to work independently while maintaining patience with the constant interruptions of needy coworkers.
- Must be physically fit enough to regularly lift up to 50 lbs. for duties such as rack-mounting network equipment and servers.
- To conform to Government space technology export regulations, SpaceX hires only U.S. citizens and permanent residents (Green Card holders).
Team and Fit
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred; equivalent work experience/certification required.
The Enterprise Information Systems team is a small group of overachievers servicing a large company of rocket scientists. Both the team and company have a startup vibe to them. We pride ourselves on rising to the many challenges and executing flawlessly. We invest in latest testing innovations, and focus heavily on automation. We have a strong, people-oriented, manager who will invest in you and value your contributions.
We encourage our team to be entrepreneurial and drive innovation into our processes and software products. We work in small teams that will give you opportunities for high impact and visibility. You will have many opportunities to grow and develop your career.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED