Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
Tesla is seeking a Manager of Desktop and helpdesk Support Services to lead our growing team. The ideal candidate will have a strong, working background in managing a medium to large multiple site desktop infrastructure and centralized helpdesk support. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding and experience in desktop technologies, emerging trends, and helpdesk management.
- Recruit, Manage and mentor a growing team of Desktop and Help Desk support specialists
- Serve as the lead for all aspects of desktop and helpdesk support
- Drive the effort to continuously provide world class IT support to Tesla's user community
- In conjunction with HR, manage the new hire on-boarding process
- Oversee the processes for deployment, maintenance, and support, for all implemented hardware, software, and operating systems.
- Work with the IT infrastructure team to coordinate software updates and roll-outs to the desktops
- Work with the Retail IT team to coordinate Store and Service Center openings
- Work with the Retail IT team to remotely support Stores and Service Centers
- Develop and Maintain relationships with wireless cell phone providers throughout the EU
- Improve user awareness of IT services, by coordinating all training, documentation, and communication initiatives
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to build the strategic direction for future hardware and software decisions
- Work with the purchasing team and vendors to fulfill technology needs
- Managing incidents by working with the rest of the IT operational organization, handling escalations, and generating reports for management review
- Developing processes and policies for incident management and implementing them
- Identify trends in specific support areas and work with the stake-holders to address them.
- Expert level knowledge of:
- Enterprise imaging and desktop deployment technologies (preferably Altiris or SCCM)
- Standard PCs, Powerful Workstations & Laptop hardware and software troubleshooting
- Engineering and Manufacturing tool support
- Remote site support, specifically for Stores and Service Centers
- Windows 7 and OS X in a managed desktop environment.
- Industry standard Mobile devices & PDA support
- Solid knowledge of networks including troubleshooting all aspects of wired and wireless configurations
- Good understanding of ITIL v3 standards
- Familiarity with the IT vendor ecosystem is preferred
- Prior experience in supporting off-site events and site setup is preferred
- General understanding server computing, networking, phone setup / support, storage, virtualization, and business applications
- Medium to Large Enterprise IT or manufacturing environment support experience is preferred
- 5-10 years of experience with Enterprise Desktop support
- 3-5 years of experience of managing a support organization
- BS Degree in CS/equivalent or combination of education and relevant experience.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.