IT Support Engineer Gemvara
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Our Company:
Gemvara's mission is to revolutionize how fine jewelry is discovered, designed and crafted. At Gemvara you will be part of a close-knit team that is passionate about changing the face of e-commerce. You will be surrounded by innovative people who truly believe in the company and in one another. At Gemvara, your ideas will be recognized, your intelligence will be applied, and if you work hard, your opportunities to succeed will be endless. Gemvara has an amazing benefits package and our culture is top-notch - we work hard, but we play hard too.
Gemvara is seeking an experienced IT Support Engineer to join our growing Boston-based e-commerce company. We are disrupting a centuries-old market with new approaches to production, technology and user experience. As the IT Support Engineer you will be responsible for all internal office IT support including network, desktops, laptops, email, phone systems, video-conferencing, etc. for approximately 70 Boston-area employees and 20 NYC-area employees. As the sole person working in IT support, you will work cross-functionally between engineering and business operations to implement solutions.
Gemvara uses Windows Server 2008, Active Directory and Google Apps for Business. Our Telecom systems include ShoreTel, RingCentral and DSCI. While Gemvara is always looking for the best and brightest, we do not hire solely on a specific skill set. Rather, we hunger for new ideas so if you think you would do it differently, we're open and interested.
This is a full-time on-site position, requiring work Monday through Friday at our Boston office.
What You'll Do:
- Provide internal office IT support
- Execute Windows system administration (Active Directory, backups) and office mail setup and administration
- Install, deploy, support and maintain server hardware and operating environments
- Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for application, hardware, network and O/S issues on desktops and laptops
- Install and maintain key office software (corporate Intranet, accounting systems, anti-virus)
- Review, audit, define, update and implement service policies and procedures to safeguard critical systems, information and data
- Create and maintain high-quality documentation of all relevant specifications, systems, and procedures
- Work with third-party vendors to resolve issues
- Perform additional duties as required
Skills You'll Need to be Successful:
- Solid experience with network setup and configuration including firewalls, routers, switches, and VPN; also with supporting Internet and Web application products and services across Windows and Mac OS platforms
- Linux CentOS administration experience a plus
- Information security methodologies and concepts such as identification and authentication, access control, inception and audit trails
- Ability to automate daily administration and user tasks
- Experience with office moves
- Effective communication skills to work with others and high self-motivation to work independently
- Openness to give and take direct and honest feedback
- Curiosity: questioning the status quo and challenging convention only when it exists for convention's sake
- Experimentation: desire to always increase your knowledge by testing and learning
- Flexibility: willingness to move at the pace of a startup and flow with the changes in business priorities
- Tenacity: desire to improve systems and the employee work experience
- College degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 2 years (in excess of degree requirements stated above) of progressively responsible experience in administration of information systems
If this seems like a fit we'd like to get to know you! Please apply via our careers page at www.gemvara.com/careers.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Investors: Canaan Partners
, Highland Capital Partners All Jobs: at Gemvara
|Headquarters:||1 Financial Center|
Boston, MA 02111
|Industry:||Retailing / Distribution|
|Company Profile:||Gemvara's mission is to revolutionize how fine jewelry is discovered, designed and crafted. We are disrupting a centuries old market with new approaches to production, technology and user experience. At Gemvara you will be part of a close-knit team that is passionate about changing the face of e-commerce. You will be surrounded by innovative people who truly believe in the company and in one another. At Gemvara, your ideas will be recognized, your intelligence will be applied, and if you work hard, your opportunities to succeed will be endless. Gemvara has an amazing benefits package and our culture is top-notch - we work hard, but we play hard too.|
Support Gemvara with Social Media services