IT Systems Administrator SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
IT Systems Administrator
Information Services and Technology | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
SpaceX is looking for an experienced IT Systems Administrator to help manage our ever growing IT infrastructure. This role will be primarily focused on our enterprise authentication, intranet, security, VPN, and web services with a specific emphasis on Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010. He or she will manage and maintain these systems in keeping with best practices for scalability, performance, and security. Candidates should have extensive experience working with Microsoft Active Directory, SharePoint 2007/2010, Juniper and Cisco firewall and VPN equipment, and related hardware and software platforms. Ideal candidates will also have some experience with Debian/Linux/BSD platforms, as well as a thorough understanding of network hardware/software and storage infrastructure. They should be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and possess excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and management of our geographically distributed IT systems, while providing simple but effective scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Have an expert level understanding of Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007/2010, with a specific emphasis on security best practices.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of networking fundamentals, specifically pertaining to Cisco IOS, routing, and switching hardware, as well as Juniper and Cisco security appliances.
- Supervise and/or perform the installation and configuration of servers, network equipment, and other IT datacenter systems in a controlled environment.
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX datacenter systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred; equivalent work experience/certification required.
- At least 5 years' experience working with Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SharePoint Server, Lync/Office Communicator, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, and various backup software platforms.
- An expert level understanding of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 or 2010, with a specific emphasis on multi-domain implementations and security best practices.
- Experience working with low level storage platforms and protocols, with an emphasis on NetApp ONTAP, ZFS, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS, and tiered storage architecture
- The ability to manage and maintain a variety of other enterprise software products, including CommVault Simpana backup software, Lync/Office Communicator, System Center Configuration Manager, etc.
- Must be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- You should be a self-starter and possess excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Experience with Debian/Linux/BSD platforms.
- Thorough understanding of network hardware/software and storage infrastructure.
- HPC Cluster experience is a plus.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED