IT Systems Administrator Lithium Technologies
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED IT Systems Administrator
The Lithium IT team provides internal systems management and end user desktop support for a global employee base of approximately 400 in a rapidly growing and fast-paced environment. The IT Systems Administrator will work closely with other team members to grow our enterprise systems, test and implement new technologies, and provide world-class support for our end users including a highly technical group of Engineers and Developers.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Helpdesk support for end user system implementations, problem troubleshooting, repair/fix, and ongoing support process improvements. Work closely with help desk team to drive productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Windows and Linux enterprise-class server design configuration, implementation, performance tuning, capacity management, and support.
- Windows and Apple OS end-user desktop build, support, capacity management, and performance tuning.
- Must be experienced with design and implementation of enterprise desktop build automation systems (Windows and Apple OS).
- Investigate and analyze system and application requirements and develop system specifications meeting functional and compliance requirements.
- Identify and implement methods, solutions, and applications to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
1. Manages the day-to-day operations of enterprise systems by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities. Manages vendor support contracts for hardware and services.
2. Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
3. Perform troubleshooting as required. Lead or assist with problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other internal resources.
4. Establish, maintain and manage user accounts following corporate Security and IT procedures. Installs, modifies and maintains approved application and utility software on server and personal computer systems. Provides server support related to installed software.
5. Establish guidelines and methods for implementation and management of end user desktop systems.
6. Coordinate with management to develop and deploy procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
7. Stay current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommend ways to take advantage of new technology.
8. On-call and after-hours work as needed for urgent escalations, off-peak systems maintenance, etc.
Required Skills and Experience Level
Minimum Recent Experience Level
Microsoft Active Directory
Windows Desktop OS Deployment/Imaging Tools
Apple Desktop OS Deployment/Imaging Tools
VMWare ESX ? Recent Versions
VMWare vCenter Admin
Monitoring Systems and Technologies
Windows Server 2003, 2008
Linux OS Deployment/Admin
Additional Skills and Experience Level ? Preferred Experience
Minimum Recent Experience Level
Windows Server 2012
Kickstart server imaging
SAN Storage Configuration and Administration
VoIP Phone System Administration
Education and Technical Training
BS in related field of study or equivalent experience
Technical training and relevant certifications preferred
||San Francisco, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED