IT Systems Administrator Platfora
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
You are a technically astute IT professional, well-versed in the systems it takes to run a modern high-tech office. You view your role as an internal customer success position with a highly technical spin: When you do your job well, the office hums along with minimal technical issues. When issues pop up, you are on them quickly, delving into the issue with enthusiasm, and solving it with alacrity. You also know when to ask for help to get something solved quickly and efficiently. You LOVE technology and it shows in your work.
You enjoy administering hardware and software whether is it on-premise or in the cloud. Your hardware experience includes Amazon Web Services instances, Rackspace Linux servers, Wifi Mesh Networks, laptops (Mac), and you are also comfortable working on peripheral equipment like printers, desk phones (Asterisk VOIP a bonus), cell phones, tablets, etc.
Your software experience includes Mac OS X, Google Apps Administration (Gmail, Drive, Groups, etc...), various mail clients, MS Office (Mac), and more. Approximately 25% of your time will be related to helping other people who work at Platfora and you must have the ability to troubleshoot and support off-site personnel.
Some of your responsibilities
- Firewall/VPN experience is a bonus.
- Troubleshooting network issues & optimizing traffic.
- Investigating our office space to optimize WiFi experience for all (this will mean mounting new wifi hotspots or finding other ways to improve it).
- Creating new user accounts.
- Creating new employee laptops (we use Macs), laptop imaging (plus automating drive imaging with Apple).
- Procuring and managing software licenses.
- Responding and solving IT-related questions about GMail, calendar, Google Group administration, and other desktop applications.
- Administration of phone system.
- Technical set up for special events (Manage AV).
- Desk, conference and server room wiring and equipment (teleconference devices, TV's).
- Designing and implementing a slick and fun solution for posting conference room schedules (Really! We want you to be creative here!).
- Satisfying internal customers: Making their day by making their tools work with ease.
- Wiring in conference rooms and server room
Bonus points for
- Experience planning and building out an IT structure that's growing with an expanding company.
- Excellent ping pong skills; our CEO needs a worthy rival!
We are laser focused on building the next great data company. If you join us, you can expect to work with talented, driven, creative and results-oriented co-workers who also bring joy and balance to their work. Your compensation will include meaningful equity ownership and a competitive salary and benefits.
Platfora is revolutionizing the way companies work with big data. We are a Hadoop company - but not focused on the low-level plumbing like the other guys. We make Hadoop useful and unlock big data in amazingly interactive ways for everyday business users and analysts. To get there, we are building an extraordinary team of big data and scalable systems experts, rock-star data scientists, and sublime UX/visualization designers. Join us on the journey ahead!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Local Bay Area candidates only. Principals only; if you are a recruiter, or represent a search firm, you must be under contract prior to submitting resumes to Platfora.
||San Mateo, CA 94402 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED