IT Systems Engineer SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
IT Systems Engineer
Information Services and Technology | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
SpaceX is looking for an experienced IT systems engineer to help manage our ever growing IT infrastructure. This role will be primarily focused on our core IT infrastructure with a focus on enterprise storage, virtualization, and datacenter design and administration. He or she will maintain these systems in keeping with best practices for scalability, performance, and security. Candidates should have extensive experience working with VMware vSphere 5, NetApp storage and ONTAP 7.x/8.x, Windows Server, and enterprise x86 server hardware. Ideal candidates will also have experience with Debian/Linux/BSD platforms, as well as a thorough understanding of Microsoft enterprise software platforms. They should be flexible and flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter and possess excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and management of our geographically distributed IT systems, while providing simple but effective scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Have an expert level understanding of enterprise storage infrastructure and possess operational experience with NetApp hardware and ONTAP 7.x/8.x
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of tiered unstructured storage architecture.
- Experience working with low level storage platforms and protocols, including RAID, ZFS, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS.
- Liaison with engineering departments, determining server hardware requirements from application workloads
- Experience with VMware vSphere 5 architectural design, implementation and operation
- Be able to manage and maintain a variety of enterprise software products, including Commvault Simpana, Lync/Office Communicator, System Center Configuration Manager, etc.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of networking fundamentals, specifically pertaining to Cisco IOS, routing, and switching hardware, as well as Juniper and Cisco security appliances.
- Some experience with facilities infrastructure including datacenter design, HVAC and electrical systems.
- Supervise and/or perform the installation and configuration of servers, network equipment, and other IT datacenter systems in a controlled environment.
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX datacenter systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- High level understanding of Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010, Exchange 2010, clustered SQL storage, Active Directory, and Group Policy
- HPC Cluster experience is a plus.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED