IT Systems Internship/Co-op SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
IT Systems Internship/Co-op
Internships and Co-Ops | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology problems seen in any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility.
At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
SpaceX is currently seeking talented individuals for our Internship/Co-Op Program at our Los Angeles Headquarters. SpaceX engineering interns play a significant role in the design, development, testing, and manufacturing of spaceflight hardware.
Here at SpaceX, you will obtain invaluable hands-on technical experience that you can't learn in a classroom. Our engineers will help you to roll up your sleeves and apply text book theory and lab experience to creating solutions for real aerospace challenges. You will gain practical experience by participating in actual space hardware development projects.
The most successful candidates for SpaceX's Internship/Co-Op Program have a history of significant contributions to hands-on extracurricular engineering projects in addition to a strong academic record.
Many participants in SpaceX's Internship/Co-Op Program return as full-time employees upon completing their higher education.
- Provide support for high level installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of servers and storage subsystems
- Assist with operating system image building, configuration, and management
- Assist with maintenance of physical assets within the datacenter such as power, copper fiber cables, and spare server parts
- Write and maintain existing systems documentation
- Perform and maintain inventory control and asset management
- Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary for critical site operations or IT maintenance
- Perform in a fast-paced environment where project deadlines are critical and multiple projects run in parallel
- Work independently with minimal supervision as well as function as a successful and participating team member
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma and currently seeking degree in Computer Science, Maintenance, Engineering or other related technical field
- Previous experience with end user support and IT technologies preferred
- Cabling and electronics licenses, certificates or registration a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware, software, and IP networks
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively and independently
- Working knowledge of audio visual equipment
- Strong organizational, analytical and customer service skills
- Personal initiative in developing efficient work processes
Additional position information
- Ability to work in a high concentration, high stress environment
- Good response to challenges posed by short deadlines
- Acute attention to detail
- A positive, upbeat attitude
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds for duties such as delivering servers, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, etc.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Work Hours & Conditions:
- Schedule varies depending on site operational needs, flexibility required
- Provide on-call service as required
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED