Janitor Brightside Academy
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Child care involves more than just babysitting services. Brightside Academy provides child care and early education that prepares children to be life-long learners. Our program combines state-of-the-art facilities, a nationally recognized curriculum and learning quality credentials that work together to help each child achieve kindergarten readiness.
Perform routine, manual work involving moderate to heavy cleaning of designated areas of an academy building such as classrooms, offices, restrooms, cafeteria and hallways.
1. Sweep, wet and dry mop, strip, buff and wax floors; participate in stripping floors.
2. Vacuum and shampoo carpet; remove spots and stains from carpets; advise on replacement.
3. Clean restroom floors, walls, sinks, urinals and commodes; replace toilet paper, towels and soap, wash and polish fixtures; clean windows and mirrors.
4. Replenish classroom cleaning and supplies as needed: paper towels, towels and soap, hand sanitizers, cleaning supplies.
5. Clean and wash countertops and fixtures; set-up tables and chairs and move furniture; dust furniture, desks, woodwork and blinds; clean academy doors and windows; replace light bulbs and ceiling tiles (as applies to classrooms, lobbies, gym and office areas).
6. Remove paper, trash and garbage from assigned areas and place in proper containers for disposal; set containers out for pickup and removal at assigned times.
7. Operate custodial equipment such as: buffers, vacuum cleaners, shampoo machines and floor strippers, and other janitorial industry equipment as required.
8. Review and reorder academy inventory and cleaning supplies; work with academy office staff to conform to budgetary needs.
9. Patrol grounds around academy area, pick-up paper, cans, trash and debris; clean walkways; sweep as needed.
10. Shovel and remove snow and/or ice around academy pathway areas as detailed and needed; salt ground to prevent slippage and falls as required.
11. Comply with academy policies, safety policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
12. Maintain confidentiality in the conduct of academy business and operations.
13. Must be able to perform the essential functions of walking and interacting with students, families and/or academy employees at the specific work site assigned (classroom and/or office setting).
14. Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance; notify academy management staff of any attendance issues.
15. Ability to lift and control weights between 10-60 lbs.
16. Dust all HVAC vents and AC units within academy areas.
17. Assist in academy opening and closing procedures as needed.
18. Other duties as assigned by the Facilities Management Team.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress, frequent standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling; attention to detail and overall appearance of an academy.
A successful janitor must be able to adequately perform each essential duty and have the following education and experience:
A high school diploma or a general educational development (GED) certificate
Two or more years within a commercial cleaning environment
Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
Successful completion of the required background checks including: Child Abuse, Criminal and FBI
Our future is BRIGHTER with YOU! At Brightside Academy our employees are our best resource. As a result, we recruit and retain the best. We offer: competitive wage rates for qualified candidates; paid time off and holidays; competitively priced group health insurance for all full-time staff; yearly in-service trainings which are conducted by a certified trainer and meet state requirements, and the opportunity to climb the career ladder due to our continued growth. Brightside Academy proudly supports a diverse workforce EOE.
||925 Liberty Avenue |
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED