Java Engineer eMeter
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED CompanyeMeter Corporation
Division EMC - eMeter Corporation
Functional Area IT - Information Technology
Location CA - Foster City
Req ID 118354
Job Type Regular
Job Time Full-Time
Experience Level Mid Level
Required Education Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
eMeter, a Siemens Business is where high-tech and green-tech converge. Our mission is to provide robust, next-generation enterprise software and consumer applications that support innovative & clean energy technologies. Smart Meter technology is a high-demand, exciting space that enables leading utilities world-wide to address the energy information challenges they face as they deal with significant technology, regulatory, and innovation challenges. eMeter?s executive team is made up of seasoned thought leaders in the metering technology space and they have a proven record of success in this emerging market.
We have created a culture that fosters open communication, collaboration and innovation. So, if you want to work in a challenging environment that offers growth, opportunity and the chance to make a real difference, you need to see what eMeter has to offer.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Where can you work on challenging engineering problems while saving the planet? Come put your talents to use where green tech meets software. Every single electric, gas and water meter in the world is being replaced by a smart meter, all linked into a Smart Grid that allows unprecedented visibility and control. Siemens eMeter is the nerve center of that Smart Grid, providing the leading software platform and applications on which modern energy companies run their businesses and engage their consumers to drive efficiency, cost reduction, and environmental benefits.
Siemens eMeter is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will contribute to the design and development of core modules and interface adapters in the EnergyIP product. The individual will participate in the full life cycle of product development and be responsible for design, development, configuration and maintaining the modules.
You will work with the development team to architect, develop, and deliver core technology which will be used for a highly demanding market and also other developers on the platform; work closely with product management, architects and other developers to provide enterprise-grade software that is both consumer and enterprise facing; design and implement Java code that is well-built and layered, with clean and well-defined API's; deliver high-quality, extensible implementation with minimal supervision; and analyze existing modules to troubleshoot issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, 6 plus years of Software Development experience.
- 6+ years enterprise Java programming experience at all layers (persistence, business logic, interfaces)
- Experience taking functional specifications and transforming to long-lived technical design and implementation.
- Expertise using relational databases, SQL, and JDBC;
- Experience and good understanding of XML, Web Services, JMS, REST
- Experience in Performance testing and Multithreaded Applications
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a coherent product on time and beyond expectations
- Strong experience in developing robust, high-volume, commercial web-based and/or enterprise applications
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux Basics
- Knowledge of Spring and Junit
- Experience with automated testing, and ability to deliver high quality code
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Self-driven, motivated, take full ownership of your tasks
||Foster City, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED