Java Software Engineer Infor Global Solutions, Inc.
Java Software Engineer
USA, St. Paul,380 St. Peter Street
Wednesday, May 01, 2013
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
JOB POSITION: Software Engineer, Java
JOB LOCATION: St. Paul
JOB SUMMARY: The position's responsibilities include all aspects of server-side application development using Java inside an established java framework. This framework generates several dynamic user interfaces including mobile, web and rich client. This framework utilizes modern design principals in creating a solid, performant server architecture to assist in serving the dynamic user interfaces. To achieve this, the software engineer, systems will need to utilize java MVC principals and flexible object-oriented design to drive code generation.
The Software Engineer, Systems must have the ability to execute systems development projects with minimal technical direction. The Software Engineer, Systems must be able to produce high quality, high performance software that meets company's software development standards.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: * Estimates level of effort to complete design, implementation, and development testing
* Obtains peer review of the code
* Performs unit testing of the code and performs integration level testing with other features or products in the system
* Transmits the code to the appropriate system code branch
* Develops and maintains knowledge of Infor systems elements and products, design and implementation tools used in the software development environment as well as current technologies in software development, computer systems and industry trends
* Volunteers experience and expertise to help others
* Works cooperatively and supportively within a programming team environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* 4+ years working experience with Java
* Thrives in a dynamic, fluid development environment
* Smart and gets things done
* Strong analytical, technical and teamwork skills
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* Understands complex java performance intracacies
* Understands non-functional requirements (performance, scalability, maintainability, security)
* Experience with Accurev, Eclipse, JIRA, Perl
* Experience with Oracle, DB2, and/or SQL Server a plus
* Experience with Websphere and/or Jboss a plus
* Knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design and programming methodologies and tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.
Send to Friend