Java-UI Services eMeter
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Position Summary
eMeter is looking for a superstar senior software engineer with awesome Java/JEE expertise for an exciting leading-edge (rather than bleeding-edge) technology platform. This platform provides all the technical underpinnings for multiple mission-critical applications to execute on it, and gets battle-tested in a very demanding market with unheard-of transaction volumes. You will work with other super-smart techies who live and breathe technology and will get to architect, design, develop, and implement key layers of this core platform.
Youll embellish eMeters industry-leading EnergyIP platform to match the pace of this growing green-tech market. Youll architect and drive Java code thats well-built and layered but not unduly heavy or complicated, with clean and well-defined APIs. Youll use modern & test-driven technologies, and whatever tools make sense in a fun and supportive working environment. You should have excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills and be able to deliver high-quality, extensible implementation with minimal supervision. The position also entails analysis of existing modules to solve issues. If your passion is crafting outstanding, reusable Java code, if youve worked in nimble, crack development teams or led few super-agile developers to exceed expectations, if you insist on truly understanding any problem before building a solution, and if interfaces, modularization and light-weight frameworks are a way of life for you, lets talk.
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Extensive enterprise Java programming experience with one or more application servers at all layers (persistence, business logic, interfaces, SOA)
- Technical design expertise proven experience taking functional specifications and transforming to long-lived technical design
- Technical astuteness understand the daily-developer grind for enterprise-grade software and create frameworks to ensure homogeneity, repeatability and performance
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a coherent product on time and beyond expectations
- Strong experience in developing robust, high-volume, commercial web-based applications. Expertise using relational databases, SQL, and JDBC
- Good understanding of REST & webservices
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and particularly lucid thinking and abstraction skills, rapid, crisp thinking and decision making
- Excellent collaboration abilities, a positive attitude, and strong interpersonal skills
Highly Desirable Capabilities/Experience
- Hands-on experience with Spring
- Experience with internet-related technologies and protocols: REST, JSON, SOAP, XPath
- JMS, message oriented middleware, distributed multi-tier applications
- Experience in performance testing and optimization
- Breadth and at least some familiarity with other technologies: Ajax, PHP, JSP, Ruby and Rails, Python etc.
- Good understanding of at least some java based web frameworks : Struts1/Struts2, Wicket, SEAM, Tapestry, Grails
||2215 Bridgepointe Parkway |
San Mateo, CA 94404
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED