Jewelry Quality Assurance Assistant Gemvara
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED The Company:
Gemvara is one of the fastest growing companies in the US today and is revolutionizing the ecommerce industry through its approach to mass customization. We are taking on the US?s $60+ Billion fine jewelry market and dramatically changing how jewelry is made, sold, and purchased. Instead of customers having to choose and buy jewelry based on whatever product retailers have in stock, our revolutionary business model carries no inventory ? customers can design their perfect ring, necklace, pendant, bracelet or earrings with any gemstone or metal combination on our site within seconds and have a handmade piece of fine jewelry that was crafted in the USA arrive in their mailboxat their doorstep within 10 days.
We were selected as one of ?Oprah?s favorite things? in 2012 and after helping tens of thousands of loyal customers create meaningful jewelry since 2011 we know that we?re on to something special. We?re hoping to continue to build out our A+ team to support our rapid growth and are looking for passionate individuals looking for a challenge.
Requirements of the Role:
Our growing jewelry operations department has a need for a Quality Assurance Specialist to ensure we maintain the highest level of excellence. We have an incredibly high bar for jewelry quality and our Quality Assurance team is responsible for ensuring that our customers are absolutely thrilled with their jewelry and that our return and repair rate is kept to industry-leading levels. To succeed in this job you should have the following qualities:
- Attention to detail: You will assess each piece of jewelry against set quality standards while documenting and recording each step of the process. Your passion for detail will ensure that our customers get the custom jewelry they love.
- Comfortable with growth and change: We are growing fast?very fast. As such we are looking for people that want to grow with us and that are looking to take on increasing levels of responsibility and are excited working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self Starter: Because of our fast growth we need teammates who can get things done and make things happen without a lot of direction. We value people who can take the initiative and see things through.
- Holds themselves accountable to goals: We measure our team against specific targets and reward people for reaching goals. We are looking for teammates who thrive in these types of environments.
- A Great Partner: The role requires you to work very closely with other members of the Gemvara team ? especially our Production Coordinators and Customer Care Team. This partnership is critical to our jewelry making it through our production facilities with the highest quality and with the fastest speed.
- Able to work across functions: Our QA team is also responsible with interfacing with other parts of the company to help resolve specific customer questions and to educate other functions on jewelry knowledge. Customer Focus is a Gemvara core competency. As the last person who handles a piece of jewelry before it is shipped to our customer the QA Assistant is one of the most important roles in our company.
- Passion for learning: At Gemvara we do things completely differently than anywhere else. As such, we?re constantly finding ourselves faced with new challenges that require us to learn quickly and teach others. We are looking for people who want to learn and develop and take on new challenges.
- Previous experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Experience working with Gemstones
- Experience working with precious metals ? especially Sterling Silver
- 2 or 4-year college degree preferred but not required
- Finished or in-process GIA certification required. If you do not have GIA certification you must be willing to pursue.
||New York City, NY |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED