Jr. Engineer (New Grad)
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
Your application will be considered by our recruiters for all opportunities across the Powertrain Engineering, Vehicle Engineering, and Manufacturing teams in Palo Alto, CA and Fremont, CA.
BS or MS Mechanical Engineering degree with exposure to:
- Mechanical design.
- Engineering materials science.
0-2 years in industry with experience in:
- Design for manufacturability.
- Design for long term durability in an automotive environment or equivalent.
- Testing of mechanical, fluid, and thermal systems.
- High and moderate volume tooling, materials and design.
- Injection molding, stamping, extrusions, die casting, sheet metal.
- Structural plastics.
- Offshore manufacturing.
- High voltage systems.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Execute rapid cycles of design concept conception, prototyping, testing, and evaluation in parallel.
- Develop new and often unconventional design concepts and test methodologies.
- Deliver design concepts that are high performance, low cost, and volume manufacturable.
- Clearly document and communicate design concepts and test results.
- Work with a small, highly motivated, high performance team of research engineers.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Location:||Deer Creek, AR |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|