We are building a next generation platform for security analytics. Using recent advances in algorithms and big data technologies (Hadoop/Map-Reduce), we are providing a platform for analyzing customer security events. The platform provides detection of network and traffic anomalies, trend reports, and other data services.
The successful candidate will be able to work at multiple levels of the software stack - investigating new algorithms and analysis methods one day, and implementing distributed system components the next.
Job Duties include:
- Distributed system development in a combination of C++, Java and Python
- Evaluating algorithms and new technologies for use in the product
- Fix bugs and assist with customer issues as needed
-1-2 year of experience & Solid understanding of object oriented programming, as evidenced in one of C++, Java or Python.
- Knowledge of Unix scripting languages (bash,awk,sed,etc)
- Ability to be productive in the Linux development environment.
- Solid grip of networking layers and protocols (TCP/IP)
- Ability to solve complicated problems involving multiple distributed components at different layers in the application stack, from the kernel to the user interface
- Background in statistics and/or machine learning
- Experience with relational database technologies
- Experience with Big-Data and associated computing ecosystems (Hadoop/Map-Reduce)
*Company does NOT Sponsor
|Location:||Rockville, MD |