ACTIVE's new and rapidly growing User Experience Design group is striving to change the way people live, work and play. We're passionate about making a real difference in the lives of ours users and we start by understanding their needs, wants, and desires. We are a multidisciplinary team including User Research and Visual Design. You will contribute to making this a world-class discipline, focusing on making our systems USEFUL; to enable doing things in a better way. USABLE; to empower self-service and encourage adoption and use, while reducing support costs and enabling scalability. DESIRABLE; to create buzz, grow brand-value, organic revenue, and more Net Promoters. EFFICIENT to build and maintain by continuously deploying good-design that speeds development and reduces the need for refactoring.
As an Associate Interaction Designer, you will work closely with other designers and the product team through out all stages of development. We are looking for highly creative thinkers with a background in user-centered design that also has a good eye for design. In this role you will have the opportunity to use your skills to make a real difference in the lives of others.
- Satisfy the Interaction Design needs of key stakeholders.
- Use Interaction Design methods to create meaningful relationships between people and the products and services that they use.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree or experience in a related field
- Design portfolio showing Interaction Design for product or web-applications. We're specifically interested in your user-centered design process and problem solving skills.
- A proven bias towards understanding and solving the problems of people. We're not looking for coders or technologists.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES
- Exceptional teamwork and communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, where you will attend daily scrums with co-located developers and your prototypes will serve as design specifications.
- Mobile design experience
- Visual design experience, particularly in layout and information design.
- Understanding of how the web works, particularly browser-based presentation technologies.
- Axure RP rapid-prototyping software
- A background in the market, as a current or former competitive swimmer, volunteer or coach.
ACTIVE Network (NYSE: ACTV) is on a mission to make the world a more active place. With deep expertise in activity and participant managementâ"¢, our ACTIVE WorksÂ® cloud technology helps organizers transform and grow their businesses. We do this through technology solutions that power the world's activities, as well as online destinations such as ACTIVE.comÂ® that connect people with the things they love to do. Serving over 50,000 global business customers and driving over 80 million transactions annually, we help organizers get participants, manage their events and build communities. â€¨â€¨ACTIVE Network has received numerous industry accolades over the past decade. Most recently, the San Diego Business Journal named our company among its Best Companies to Work For and just prior to our IPO last year the Wall Street Journal named Active Network on its 'Next Big Thing 2011' list. In previous years, we have been on the Inc. 500, Deloitte's Tech Fast 500 and Promo 100 lists.â€¨â€¨ACTIVE Network is headquartered in San Diego, California and has over 30 offices worldwide. Learn more at ACTIVEnetwork.com or ACTIVE.com and engage with us on Twitter @ACTIVEnetwork, @ACTIVE and on Facebook.
|Location:||San Diego, CA |
|Headquarters:||10182 Telesis Court|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Industry:||Business Products and Services|