The Junior Security Analyst (Application Administration Analyst) is responsible for the day-to-day operation of Bit9 customer installations that subscribe to Bit9 Managed Administration Services. Â Note this is an evening shift role: hours ~Â 12pm -Â 8pm EST.Â Amazing opportunity for someone looking for an "in" to one of the hottest security companies around.
The Application Administration Analyst fields requests from customersâ Tier 1 support via phone, email, and web portal of the CRM solution. Â Requests will range in complexity from simple file approvals to complex event analysis and custom rule creation. Â Understanding and assuring the security and integrity of customersâ environments is a critical responsibility of the position.Â Timely and accurate response to customer requests in line with Service Level Agreements will be a key performance indicator.
Bit9 is seeking an individual who is passionate about security, possesses superior customer services skills, and enjoys solving complex problems.Â The candidate must be able to work independently and in a remote team environment.
Essential duties & responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Â Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Â Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential responsibilities include:
- ProvideÂ exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail, and onlineÂ requests for Bit9 application administration
- ExecuteÂ changes based on customerâs defined security policies
- Interface withÂ customersâ security teams for requests outside of the defined securityÂ policies
- Escalateanomalies to customersâ security team
- UnderstandÂ all aspects of customersâ help desk processes, software deploymentÂ processes, procurement processes, and change management processes
- Track andÂ monitor all assigned cases to ensure timely resolution and follow-up
- Track andÂ monitor time spent servicing customer requests
- Become anÂ expert in the use of Bit9 software
- Stay currentÂ with emerging threats and security best-practices
- Assist in the generation of internal and customer reports
- Stay currentÂ on security best practices
- CollaborateÂ with other Bit9 analysts on best practices and implementationÂ methodologies
- Model Bit9 core values: Accountability, Creativity/Resourcefulness, Energy/Passion, Leadership, Integrity/Honesty, Smart/Critical Thinking, Teaming
Qualifications & requirements:
- 3+ yearsÂ relevant experience supporting a security program, platform, or product
- ExperienceÂ in the enterprise security space at the endpoint level
- ExperienceÂ supporting multiple, simultaneous engagements
- ManagedÂ service support a plus
- DiverseÂ endpoint experience a plus (Windows, Linux, OSX)
- IndustryÂ security certifications a plus (CISSP, GSEC, MCSE, etc.)
- Familiarity with software distribution, patch management, and endpoint security Â Â Â Â technologies
- ExcellentÂ analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to function as an individual contributor and/or a member of a team
- StrongÂ attention to detail