Junior System Administrator (temp) Panasas
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Panasas seeks a junior systems administrator to assist the lab manager in maintaining their storage systems development Maude and Macara labs in Sunnyvale, CA. Will work 24 ? 32 hours per week
- An understanding of UNIX-based operating systems; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication and file system concepts. Experience with RHEL or Fedora distros and with other Linux distros, FreeBSD, Windows is a plus.
- An understanding of OSI networking; knowledge of OSI layers; VLANs, IP subnets, L2 and L3 switch configuration; understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP troubleshooting. Knowledge of Cisco products is required; CCNA and/or experience with other vendors' products is a plus. Infiniband exposure is helpful.
- An understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; ability to configure NFS, NIS, and DNS.is a plus
- Exposure to a distributed environment, using X windows, SSH tunnels, and VPNs.
- Exposure to physical network planning & installation. Familiarity with x86 based hardware, including Intel & AMD based 1U rackmount servers.
- Understanding of VMware products, including ESXi.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing and maintaining documentation, writing purchase justifications; capable of working closely with system administrators at other sites.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction.
- Exposure to most aspects of operating system administration; for example, system installation and configuration (PXEboot, Kickstart); fundamentals of security; installing third-party software.
- Ability to write basic scripts in some administrative language (Bourne, Perl, etc.) using vi, emacs, etc. Familiarity with source code control systems (e.g. RCS, Perforce). Familiarity with C programming is a plus.
- Standard office and computer machine room environment. Ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to install heavy rack-mounted equipment. Ability to pay close attention to detail, meet inflexible deadlines, remain calm during difficult situations, work under pressure and work with frequent interruptions. May require working outside normal hours or assigned duties to resolve problems, perform system maintenance, or during an incident or emergency.
- One to Three years of Linux system administration experience.
- One to Three years of TCP/IP network administration.
- A degree in computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desirable Background and Skills
- CCNA certification.
- RHCSA certification.
- Experience with high-performance network file systems
Panasas, Inc., the leader in high-performance parallel storage for business-critical applications, enables customers to rapidly solve complex computing problems, speed innovation and accelerate new product introduction. Addressing the Big Data market, all Panasas storage products leverage the patented PanFS? storage operating system to deliver superior performance, data protection, scalability and manageability. The company?s global reach extends to 50 countries with a diverse line-up of fortune 500 companies in key verticals including life sciences, finance, oil and gas, government, research, manufacturing and aeronautics..
Panasas has a culture where bright, dedicated people can flourish with the opportunity to shape an industry.
||Sunnyvale, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Provides next generation network attended storage solutions.Investors: Centennial Ventures
, Focus Ventures
, Intel Capital
, Mohr Davidow Ventures
, Novak Biddle Venture Partners All Jobs: at Panasas
|Headquarters:||6520 Kaiser Drive|
Fremont, CA 94555
|Industry:||Computers and Peripherals|
|Company Profile:||Panasas ActiveStor Parallel Storage is the premier storage system for scalable Linux clusters. Panasas delivers exceptional scaling in capacity and performance while extending appliance-like ease of management to a virtually boundless storage system for High Performance Computing (HPC) organizations around the world. All Panasas storage clusters contain the object-based, PanFS parallel file system. Using Panasas storage solutions, organizations can achieve maximum application performance while reducing total cost of ownership (TCO) by driving cost and complexity out of their storage infrastructures. Panasas solutions break the storage I/O bottleneck and are deployed in a broad range of government, academic and Fortune 500 organizations.|
Support Panasas with Social Media services