Junior Web Developer with Startup Accelerator Founder Institute
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED If you are interested in entrepreneurship and venture capital, then the Founder Institute is the best place in the world to be immersed in the startup ecosystem and culture.
The Founder Institute is the world's largest startup accelerator, having launched over 1,100 companies across 6 continents that have created over 10,000 new jobs -- in just 5 years of operation. Our efforts have been documented in esteemed publications like the New York Times, BusinessWeek, Forbes, TechCrunch, and many more.
We are a small team with a mission to create over one million startup jobs, and we are looking for an Entry-Level/ Junior Web Developer to help!
What are the responsibilities?
In a startup everyone is encouraged to "wear several hats", but the primary responsibilities for this role are;
- Brainstorm, design, and build new "microsites" for various marketing campaigns to be featured on major media channels
- Brainstorm, design, and build enhancements for the Founder Institute's suite of web properties
- Brainstorm, design, and build dashboards and other toolsets to streamline internal operations and course management for Founder Institute chapters across the globe
What type of people are we looking for?
The best candidates to work at the Founder Institute;
- Are entrepreneurial by nature
- Are passionate about technology
- Are familiar with the startup ecosystem (for example, Startup Weekend, 500 Startups, Techstars, Y Combinator, etc)
- Have attended some startup events
What is it like to work here?
You will have the opportunity to see entrepreneurship, angel investing, and venture capital from every angle. Some benefits include:
- Meet top founders, CEOs and venture capitalists
- Participate in planning sessions with visiting politicians
- Join weekly entrepreneurship training sessions
- Help organize leading startup events with global participation
- Watch startups get built from the ground up
- Partake in occasional card games and social outings
- Have a friendly, wagging tail to greet you each morning (a Pug named Hercules)
How to Apply
Visit http://fi.co/jobs and scroll down to the Junior Web Developer for instructions.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Founder Institute is the world's largest startup accelerator, having launched over 1,100 companies that have created over 10,000 new jobs . . . in just 5 years of operation. We are based in Silicon Valley but operate in over 61 cities worldwide, and our efforts have been documented in the New York Times, BusinessWeek, Forbes, TechCrunch, and many more.
< 5M RaisedSelf Funded All Jobs: at Founder Institute
|Headquarters:||838 West Dana Street|
Mountain View, CA 94041
|Company Profile:||The Founder Institute is the world's largest entrepreneur training and startup launch program, helping aspiring founders across the globe build enduring technology companies. In the Founder Institute's four-month, part-time program, promising startup entrepreneurs "learn by doing" and launch a company through structured training courses, practical business-building assignments, and expert feedback from a large network of business mentors. Plus, aspiring founders are not required to quit their day job to participate, so they can begin building a business around their ideas without putting their livelihood at risk.
Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 61 cities and 33 countries, the Founder Institute has helped launch over 1,129 companies, which have created over 10,000 new jobs. The company's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and build sustainable startup ecosystems that will create one million new jobs worldwide.
The Founder Institute was founded in 2009 by serial entrepreneur Adeo Ressi. It is operated out of a small office in Mountain View, California.|
Support Founder Institute with Social Media services