Lab Systems Engineer Qualys
Self-motivated and hands-on individual to assist in maintaining the QA Test Lab. Individual will be responsible for the QA Lab VMware infrastructure and images, as well as a wide variety of Hardware, Network infrastructure, Operating systems and Applications. The primary focus will be to service QA, Development and Support team requests.
Duties and responsibilities
- Setup/install/patch multiple hardware/os platforms including (but not limited to) Windows, Linux, MacOSX, Solaris, AIX and HP-UX.
- Install, configure and maintain vulnerable software in the lab.
- Maintain lab infrastructure and target uptime.
- Creation, maintenance and backup of VMWare Images.
- Hardware and software technical evaluation and procurement.
- Inventory and documentation of Lab resources and testbeds.
- Cable Management, Lab Environment Management including UPS's, air conditioning, power management, etc.
- 2+ years systems administration experience on multiple platforms such as Windows, Unix/Linux, Solaris, MacOS.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with a wide variety of hardware, operating systems and network architectures.
- Strong understanding of linux-based services such as DNS, DHCP, iptables, Apache, Samba, NFS, iSCSI and IPv4/IPv6 routing.
- Solid understanding of Virtualization, specifically VMware ESX/ESXi/vSphere/vCenter, Citrix XenServer/XenCenter, Eucalyptus and EC2.
- Experience with Active Directory domains and computer/user rights management as well as domain level security settings (GPOs).
- Ability to automate system administration tasks using scripting (Bash, Python or Perl, Rsync, Crontab).
- Ability to install and configure a variety of services such as IIS, LAMP, Oracle, MS-SQL Server, MySQL, Cisco IOS, HoneyD, Kerberos, etc.
- Knowledge of network monitoring and other network administrative tools such as big brother, nagios, cacti/MRTG, netdisco, ipplan, rackmonkey, wireshark, tcpdump and scanning tools such as nmap.
- Patch management experience on Windows WSUS, Linux, HP-UX, AIX and Solaris systems.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines and be pro-active with customer issues.
- Proven track record of being able to adapt to and learn new forms of technology, new operating systems and software.
- Must be a critical thinker with excellent verbal and written skills. Familiarity with the computer security industry as well as practices and principles is a plus.
- Able to lift 50lbs waist high and carry between rooms.
- Hands on hardware racking, cable management and equipment organization.
||Redwood Shores, VA |