Launch Engineer, Fluid Systems SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Launch Engineer, Fluid Systems
Launch Engineering | Vandenberg, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
- Work as part of a small team of elite engineers designing and building the SpaceX Launch and Payload Integration capabilities at our new launch facility at Vandenberg Air Force Base on the Central Coast of California
- You will be responsible for building, testing, and operating the fluid systems that will be used to launch the Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy rockets
- Your work will take place in a fast paced environment where you will take ownership in all aspects of your system
- Close collaboration with fellow engineers and field technicians will occur daily
- You must be a self-starter that will seek out the solutions to technical problems with the local team along with the larger SpaceX workforce. Expect interactions with all departments and aspects of the rocket design.
- Provide innovative solutions to problems while working with minimal supervision
- Activation testing and launch day operation of your system will be performed by you and a small team of engineers and technicians
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or other similar area of focus with strong emphasis in fluids
- Demonstrated expereince in thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed balanced with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Ability to exceed work expectations and thrive in a high-stress environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with a wide range of people
- Occasional travel may be required
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or other similar area of focus with strong emphasis in fluids
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Vandenberg, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED