Lead Android Developer eHarmony
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Current Openings Â» Lead Android Developer
Lead Android Developer
Software Engineering | Santa Monica, CA
eHarmony is a growing, global technology company built on the belief that marrying computer science and relationship psychology can change the way people find their most significant relationships.
We're looking for innovators and problem solvers who are passionate about taking on the biggest of challenges. How much of an impact do we have? Nearly 5% of all marriages in the U.S. are created by eHarmony. That's 271 marriages per day.
Since launching our first mobile apps in late 2010, our apps on Android, iPhone and iPad have surpassed the one million download mark and are being downloaded over 10,000 times a day.
We are currently top 10 in the Social Networking category for both iPhone and iPad and more than 30 percent of eHarmony's user registrations are currently taking place within the mobile environment. If you enjoy working with mobile apps that will be used by millions and millions of people, then we might have an opportunity for you.
Here is a link to a YouTube demo of the iPad HD app that we launched in September: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
As a Lead Android Developer you will be a key member of our growing mobile engineering team, responsible for developing industry-leading mobile applications.â€‹ This is an experienced position that requires fluency in the latest Java capabilities and improvements in the Android SDK.â€‹ The ideal candidate is motivated to explore and deliver the best possible solutions to our users.â€‹
The ideal candidate will have experience shipping one or more Android apps, currently on Google Play. You should have a strong passion for technology as evidenced by your personal projects that demonstrate your aptitude for superior engineering and strong customer-centric product sense. You should enjoy working â€œoutside the comfort zoneâ€ and love to learn new technologies.
- You will take start-to-finish technical ownership of features and/â€‹or applications from inception to delivery
- You will work from UI/â€‹UX requirements and mockups to build functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps
- You will collaborate with all team members to help develop the vision for new products, providing creative and technical insight throughout the project
- You'll train and mentor junior staff in technology, best practices and working in an Agile environment
- You'll research the latest technologies, test, implement, and report back to the team on what you've discovered
- You'll push the boundaries of what is possible applying creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities
- You will create and maintain technical design documentation for new features and applications
- You'll create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience
- Enterprise or SaaS Android Development BS in Computer Science or comparable degree or work experience
- 3+â€‹ years of overall development experience with a demonstrated progression of increasing responsibility
- Knowledge and demonstrable work on the current Android platform, including ICS and Jellybean versions
- Mastery of Java, design patterns, and the Android/â€‹Eclipse developer tool chain
- Keep up-to-date on the latest Android SDK developments; respond to customer feedback & testing
- Experience collaborating in an Agile environment with minimal supervision
- Extensive hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization
- Understanding of the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for multiple device form factors
||Software Engineering, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED