Lead Data Scientist eHarmony
Join the nationâs #1 online relationship service. eHarmony is seeking a seasoned BI/Data Developer to be responsible for manipulating large databases and transforming the data into business information that helps management fulfill strategic objectives. You will be challenged to find innovative ways to search for meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships by sifting through large amounts of data and then relay/explain the findings to others within the organization. Successful applicants will be energetic team players and have a proven analytic background with a web media or consumer-based online company.
- Data exploration, hypothesis creation, testing algorithms, scaling to large data-sets andÂ validating results that delivers powerful insights into our data that can be used as a competitive advantage in our products.
- Perform large-scale data analysis, Yield optimization and mathematical modeling, Rapid prototyping and deployment of stable and maintainable BI solution
- Designing, deploying, and enhancing Â predictive or behavioral models as well as hi-visibility analytics, dashboards and reports
- Provide leadership to the data science group within the Data Analytics organization.
- Research and develop predictive analytics for continuous optimization of customer conversion rates based on structured and unstructured data
- Conduct complex SQL/non-SQL queries on data warehouse /data store and work with other data extraction, reporting and analytic tools to develop management reporting in order to gauge, monitor and pinpoint areas for improvement with the companyâs subscription services.
- Work closely with engineering and productÂ teams to gather and process data as well as providing feedback on core products based on detailed data analysis
- Work with business owners to turn business requirements into technical solutions
- Perform ad hoc statistical and data mining analyses
- Present results of analyses to business units, explain technical and statistical concepts to non-technical/non-statistical associates and vice-versa
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert on a particular system and/or process, and is knowledgeable and is able to perform all of the functions under this business group.
- MS Degree or Higher in Math, Statistics or Computer Science or Equivalent
- 5 + years experience in Data mining/Advanced Analytics, preferably in a data-intensive online company.
- Experience in statistics, applied math or econometrics.
- Excellent coding skills covering some procedural as well as statistical or data oriented languages. Â (Such as: Java, Scala, Python asÂ well as R, SQL, etc.)
- Experience working in a multi-terabyte data volume environment.
- Strong knowledge of distributed computing, data warehouse, data mining, business analytics and software development
- Experience with technologies such as R, SPSS, SAS, Hive, Pig, Hadoop, Netezza, MicroStrategy, Tableau etc
- Hands-on experience with data-related programming and other high-level languages preferred
- Adept at rapid prototyping and deployment of stable and maintainable BI solutions
- Experience should include work in one or more of the following areas: NOSQL, Hadoop, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, or other similar tools, Databases and/or data models (Graph databases, semantic frameworks etc), Statistics (Regression, Clustering, Decision trees, Hypergraphs etc), Simulation, scenario analysis, modeling
- Proficient with visualization tools- Tableau, Polymaps, Gephi, Google Charts, GraphLab/GraphChi etc and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and understand new areas of data
- Comfortable working in ambiguous areas where learning and adaptability are key skills
- Experience designing, deploying, and enhancing hi-visibility analytics, dashboards and reports
- Ability explain technical and statistical concepts to non-technical/non-statistical associates and vice-versa a must.
- Excellent and through knowledge of SQL skills required
||Santa Monica, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Functional Area:||Business Development|