Lead Dynamics Engineer / Technical Fellow SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Lead Dynamics Engineer / Technical Fellow
Dynamics | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based space technology company founded by its residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk, the former co-founder of PayPal. The company's goal is to renew a sense of excellence in the space industry by disrupting the current paradigm of complacency and replacing it with innovation and commercialized price points; laying the foundation for a truly space-faring human civilization.
SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. In-house development includes nearly all flight critical custom components amounting to approximately 85% of our vehicles both by mass and by value. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology opportunities seen by any organization.
Our success is driven by a wide variety of engineering perspectives and openness to all great ideas. We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced engineering ecosystem focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering.
We build it, test it, and fly it.
Dynamics â€" Our Dynamics group focuses on mathematical modeling and environments testing. Their role is to use the latest modeling tools to simulate the environments and loads a vehicle will see in flight in order to provide the best possible design parameters to our design teams. In other words, they provide the initial inputs we use when beginning a design. A good dynamics team lays a strong foundation for the rest of the company.
- Lead teams comprised of employees from Loads, Environments and Aerodynamics Group
- Perform & review technical work in shock, vibration, acoustics, structural dynamics and aerodynamics
- Evaluate effect of propulsion, GNC and structural configuration decisions on resulting launch vehicle and spacecraft dynamics
- Serve as interface with business development, customers, mission management and other disciplines in all matters related to dynamics
- Create dynamics outputs that directly relate to corporate ability to produce mass-efficient, structurally-reliable and cost-effective hardware
- Serve a systems engineering function by integrating inputs and providing outputs from or to multiple internal SpaceX disciplines
- Minimum BS in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years work experience in one of the following disciplines: loads, environments or aerodynamics
- Experience with lightweight structures, preferably in the aerospace field
- A â€œcan doâ€ attitude and the ability/enthusiasm necessary to work in a unique, fast-paced environment
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
- Extensive technical expertise in broad range of dynamics activities in industrial setting
- Understanding of and participation in vehicle design at a system level
- Management experience and ability to lead teams responsible for hardware production and anomaly resolution
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and test, including a fundamental understanding of strength, stability and fatigue failure mechanisms
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Hawthorne, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED