Lead Engineer Cogo Labs
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED What if your job was to lead a team of engineers building new startups all day long?
That's what we do here at Cogo Labs. We build new businesses and grow them into successful companies.
We're looking for a strong Lead Engineer who is interested in hiring and managing their own team. You'll be responsible for delivering brand new sites and products, coordinating with other groups inside the company, growing a cohesive team of software engineers, mentoring junior hires, and providing technical and project leadership across multiple simultaneous efforts.
- We expect our engineering managers to be talented software engineers in their own right. You must have a BS or higher in Comp Sci, significant development experience, fluency in at least two programming languages (we're a Ruby & Python shop), and know SQL. Expect to begin work as an individual contributer while you learn our systems.
- We value face to face communication. You should be comfortable being on a first name basis with the entire company.
- We recognize that those doing the work know best. You should put the needs and experiences of the team before your own. Your job is to remove obstacles and let them do their job.
- We never speculate when we can just run a test and find out. You must be able to put ego aside and trust the data.
- We're actually building out new businesses. You must love the idea that real dollars are at stake, and get a thrill from swinging for the fences.
Who we are:
Cogo Labs is the technology-driven incubator of some of the Boston area's fastest-growing web companies. Our proprietary technologies for algorithmic marketing, data mining and quantitative business analytics enable us to guide start-ups from inception to profitability and beyond.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The science of start ups.
Profitable All Jobs: at Cogo Labs
|Headquarters:||One Kendall Square|
Cambridge, MA 02139
|Company Profile:||Located in Cambridge's Kendall Square, Cogo Labs is the technology-driven start-up incubator of some of the Boston area's fastest-growing web companies. Our proprietary technology platform enables us to guide start-ups from inception to profitability and beyond.
Cogo Labs: the science of start-ups
Support Cogo Labs with Social Media services