Lead Engineer for Graphics Software, Fully Funded Startup Go Ghost
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Who we are:
Go Ghost is a San Diego based company with a focus on advanced software development for the computer animation industry. We create technology that dramatically improves the process of producing animated feature films, television commercials, and visual effects. Even in its prototype stage, our software has already been utilized in several award winning commercials. Our tech is patented, prototyped, and production-proven, but it needs to be fleshed out as an end-user application. That's where you come in.
You will be leading a team of developers who are creating an application which represent the next major evolution of the animation industry. As the lead, you will need experience in the technologies required to bring the application to market.
Experience you should have
- An extreme level of competence in C/C++ (you should know C better than your own mother!)
- GPU and CPU rendering and raytracing (CUDA / OpenCL, SSE etc)
- Image processing and compression algorithms
- Shader writing
- Experience building end-user applications
- Experience leading a team is necessary. You'll need the chops to order your subordinate programmer slaves what to do.
- Familiarity with CG tools, API's, and processes (Maya, Nuke, rendering, compositing, etc)
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D file formats (OpenEXR, FBX, OBJ, etc)
- A genuine interest in film and animation
- A sense of humor
Essentially you should be a superhero of the graphics programming world. But you will be treated as such, and it comes with some pretty sweet perks:
- Competitive salary
- The best health benefits you can get
- Relocation expenses taken care of
- We'll buy (or build) you a laptop and a workstation of your choosing
- Access to a huge render/compile farm
- The most ridiculously amazing work environment of all time (see our company description for more info!)
If this job sounds interesting to you, please reply with a cover letter and a resume to this ad or to "jobs at go-ghost dot com" directly. Also send us code samples, and anything else that will get our attention!
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
We develop software, utilizing our patented technologies, to dramatically reduce the cost of creating animated feature films, commercials, and special effects.
< 5M RaisedAngel Investors: Bob Baltera All Jobs: at Go Ghost
|Headquarters:||San Diego, CA 92037|
|Industry:||Media and Entertainment|
|Company Profile:||We're a unique company composed of both software engineers and digital artists, developing our own tools to create 3D animated media. Thanks to our advanced tools, our CG commercials have won numerous awards and have been seen around the world. You may have already seen a few of them without realizing it
The entire animation industry is being held hostage by a process that is now over 18 years old, causing films, commercials, and visual effects to cost far too much. It's no coincidence that the average animated film costs over 100M to create Our mission is to help alleviate this problem by expanding the usability of our prototype software into the market, allowing other studios to experience the improvements and cost savings we have.
We need your help transforming the animation industry|
Support Go Ghost with Social Media services