Lead Network Engineer Carbon Black
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Lead Network Engineer
Bit9 is seeking a dynamic team player with proven success as a network engineer for enterprise scale environments, preferably in a high-growth software development company. As a member of the Bit9 Technology team, the Lead Network Engineer is responsible for Bit9âs internal and external network infrastructure including core/access switching, firewalls, WAN, VoIP communications and remote office connectivity. Responsible for ensuring that the enterprise has the capability to support new technologies and maintain high levels of network performance and reliability. Collaborates with the Bit9 Security team to ensure the network is properly architected to protect Bit9 assets in compliance with Bit9 Security standards.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Lead Network Engineer Job Duties:
- Collaborates in the design of the network architecture, leads the design of the network infrastructure, and plans and designs LAN/WAN/wireless solutions.
- Establishes networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Ensure the network is scalable and flexible to accommodate growth and adoption of new network dependent technologies.
- Researching, analyzing and implementing software patches or hardware changes to fix any network deficiencies.
- Performs capacity and resource planning, assessing network risks and contingency planning
- Implementation and maintenance of network management software
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Networking Planning, Design and Implementation
- Network Troubleshooting
- Network Hardware/Software Configuration
- Network Performance Tuning and Reporting
- LAN/WAN Knowledge
- Proxy Servers
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Prioritizes multiple tasks and projects effectively
- Manages change requests and provides proper communication and escalation
- Manage projects against IT budget
- A minimum of 8 years working as a Network Engineer on increasingly complex projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and itâs supporting technologies
- Experience managing Cisco 2960, 3560, 3750, 4507 switches and ASA 5510/5520 firewalls
- Experience with RSA and AAA authentication
- Experience with Network Monitoring platforms such as SolarWinds
- Experience with FireEye and Palo Alto Network devices highly desirable
- Experience with Bradford Networks or similar NAC system highly desirable
- CCIE Certified
- CISSP Certification highly desirable
- BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
Bit9 is an equal opportunity employer.Â We are not working with staffing agencies to fill this opening. No agency calls, please.
||Waltham, MA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED