Lead Performance Test Engineer Bit9
Lead Performance Test Engineer
We are seeking a Lead Performance Test Engineer with industry experience validating Enterprise class products. You will aÂ be hands-on projectÂ leadÂ forÂ a small team of non-functional QA Engineers and will be responsible for all aspects of Performance, Load, Reliability, Stress and Volume testing. Ensuring all appropriate end-to-end activities take place is essential to your success in this role. These activities include requirements gathering, definition of test approach, planning of test development and execution, and results analysis.
Our technology is multidisciplinary, requiring a solid grasp of applications, security, operating systems, databases and distributed systems. Our work environment is fast-moving and intense, but balanced by a fun, friendly and informal atmosphere typical of young innovative technology companies. We have no bureaucracy; all doors are open. The work environment is highly collaborative: sales, finance, marketing, engineering, and customer service work together to achieve the company's goals. Team members enjoy the satisfaction of having direct, immediate impact on Bit9âs success and growth.
- Lead a small team of QA Engineers (performance, security, and systems testers)
- Project manage the end to end test activities
- DefineÂ and maintain the complex customer test environment
- DesignÂ and develop automated real-world load to drive the complex testÂ environment
- Prepare Test Plans with clearly stated procedures and success criteria
- Perform detailed analysis of test data
- AnalyzeÂ complex problems and evaluate alternatives from a practical point of view
- Drive through blocking issues to reach positive outcomes.
- BuildÂ and configure test systems and environments
- 7-10Â years of experience doing systems testing, particularly performance testing
- Experience with performance testing methodologies and also test scripting/automation
- Experience with tuning, testing, benchmarking and troubleshooting software configurations and an understanding of deployment environment issues andÂ how they affect performance
- ExperienceÂ with performance/load, volume, and reliability testing
- ExperienceÂ with defect tracking tools and trending
- ExploratoryÂ testing techniques
- Strong communication skills
- SolidÂ understanding of Windows, Mac, an Linux operating systems, including capability to build and configure systems
- StrongÂ analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- BS orÂ MS in Computer Science or Degree in a similar field.