Lead Quality Inspector - Avionics SpaceX
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Lead Quality Inspector - Avionics
Manufacturing and Production Operations | Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX is a US based advanced technology company founded by residing CEO and CTO, Elon Musk. SpaceX builds rockets and spacecraft from the ground up; including electronics, software, vehicle structures, and engines. Our development and production efforts represent some of the most dynamic and challenging technology and engineering systems in the world.
We pride ourselves on being a meritocracy where employees are defined by their capabilities and contributions, instead of title or tenure. We are actively seeking the best and brightest minds from all industries and technologies to continue to build our world class team.
Our employees thrive in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation and high levels of personal responsibility. At SpaceX we cut through the noise and believe in the essentials of hardcore engineering. We build it, test it, and fly it.
SpaceX is looking for an Lead Avionics Quality Inspector with strong knowledge and experience in Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA), electronic assemblies, cable and wire harnesses, inspection of soldered Surface Mount Technology (SMT) connections, conformal coating, environmental testing, and practical knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS) such as AS9100 and Lean Manufacturing. This person will lead a team of inspectors who are responsible for ensuring all quality assurance or inspection activities are maintained in a timely and efficient manner. This position is also responsible for ensuring all electronic items used and products produced by the company and suppliers conform to engineering design, contract, and specification requirements. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast paced environment. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel at this position. This is a â€œhand-onâ€ position; the ideal candidate will be able to coach, motivate, and lead a team, while also being able to execute tasks.
- Provides leadership to production inspection team, schedules and directs daily inspection activities including real time problem solving to Production and Quality issues.
- Ensures that inspection systems, processes and equipment reliably deliver quality products that meet all requirements.
- Provides feedback and improvements for improved reliability, quality and risk reduction relative to Inspection and Quality processes.
- Assures Quality System integrity and business process objectives are maintained at the production work level. Provides support for 2nd and 3rd party Quality Management System audits.
- Participates and supports RCCA process; root cause analysis, product containment, and recommends and supports the implementation of corrective actions that are necessary to reduce or eliminate recurring non-conformances. - Prioritizes containment actions first when issues occur, followed by robust root cause analysis.
- Supports Quality Engineering statistical methodologies to ensure that safety, reliability, and process capability goals are achieved, maintained, and improved.
- Responsible for the critical characteristic control within the production process, including the establishment of necessary equipment/layout requirements.
- Systematically drives the process control metrics which facilitates progressive reduction of NDE requirements.
- Assist in departmental quality metrics and actively manages the quality problem landscape in order to continuously improve the metrics themselves.
- A.S. or B.S. degree in an Engineering, Manufacturing, Electrical, Quality or related field
- Minimum of 5 years in Quality Assurance in Aerospace (Airframe, launch vehicle, Military) or high volume manufacturing sector.
- Minimum of 3 years in leadership role
- Practical experience with Quality Management Systems standards (AS9100 and ISO 9001) and Lean Manufacturing.
- Must have the ability to work independently with a strong work ethic, detail oriented, possess initiative, team oriented, and leads by example. Demonstrated competence in working with diverse personnel to resolve issues and short deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced, high demand environment.
- Must have strong leadership skill and team working skills. Ideal candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication abilities, as well as interpersonal skills that aid in achieving both primary and multi-departmental goals.
- Should have a solid knowledge of the control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action processes.
- Strong knowledge in visual inspection of PCBs, PCBAs, electronic assemblies, and cable and harnesses including inspection of soldered SMT connections, conformal coating, staking, hardware, mechanical, etc.
- Knowledge of electronics testing including environmental (thermal, TVAC, vibe, and shock) and electrical testing of cable and harness assemblies.
- Must have the ability to articulate aerospace hardware and systems problems to technical professionals to initiate resolutions
- Experience with applying PFMEA / FMECA methods and statistical process control required.
- Competent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) required.
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable.
- Experience with NASA-STD-8739 series and/or J-STD-001, IPC-A-610 and IPC-A-620 standards preferred.
- ASQ Certifications (CQM, CQE) is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of ESD protocol.
Additional position information
- Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work variable work shifts dependent upon production demands
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed
- Demonstrated experience and ability to read, interpret and follow:
- Schematics: engineering drawings, circuit layouts, and parts list / Cable Harnesses: wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and parts list. / Mechanical Assemblies: mechanical drawings, control charts and parts list.
SpaceX offers one of the best environments in the world for employees to learn, build real working systems and tackle exciting challenges every day. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, stock options, medical/dental insurance and free gym memberships. By joining the SpaceX team, you are not just a part of history, you are making it.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resource Department at (310) 363-6000.
<< Back to Current Openings
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED