Lead Software Developer Precyse Solutions
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Details
Required Skills: None Listed
Specialty Requirements: None Listed
Employment Type: Full-Time
Hours Per Week: 40
Relocation Covered: No
Amount of Travel: < 25%
Work Type: Remote
Manages Others: No
This position has the responsibility of developing and maintaining custom software products and applications for the Software Development organization. This position includes project team leadership responsibilities. This software position includes detailed design, complex implementation, interfacing, integration, unit testing, documentation, and maintenance responsibilities for complete enterprise client and web applications.
1. Take full ownership of your individual work efforts. Communicate, and coordinate work activities with your manager to ensure delivery of planned projects that meet product team requirements and that are delivered on-time and on-budget.
2. Work with product team to understand new client business needs and participate in identifying solutions.
3. Identify viable technical solutions to a business problem. Be able to compare and contrast these solutions for the product development team, identifying tradeoffs in cost, time, and performance.
4. Work with product team?s requirements to deliver software designs, code, and unit tests. Support management planning requests and additional documentation requests as needed.
5. Work with development, engineering, and quality assurance teams to support functional and load testing of developed applications, perform code reviews, perform deployments, and maintain client-server and/or web-based software applications.
6. When requested by management, take responsibility for specific project leadership tasks. This responsibility involves directing activities for one or more developers on a project to which you are already assigned and working.
7. When requested by management, assess a project for developmental risks. Build a risk matrix and communicate findings to management.
8. Take greater ownership for the software product lifecycle. Assure that other developers are following all software best practices, including those related to configuration management, version control, and process control. Assure other developers are following all deployment best practices related to production staging, go-live, and maintenance.
9. Provide production support during and after business hours, as needed.
10. Act as a mentor to less senior team members. Provide technical guidance to help assure their success as they perform their work. Proactively work to identify relevant new technologies and integrate them into the product line appropriately to serve and anticipate current and future product needs.
11. Proactively work to provide customer-focused service in conjunction with the product team. Work effectively with management and peers.
12. Expect change and exhibit flexibility in dealing with change.
13. Proactively work with the development team, asking questions and sharing knowledge to improve the overall team. Provide leadership through your consistent good example of how a professional software developer conducts themselves throughout their duties.
14. Protect the integrity and confidentiality of all data and information through physical and/or electronic means.
? Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent discipline
? 7+ years of software development experience required or 5+ years of software development experience plus a Master?s degree in a Computer Science or Engineering discipline.
? Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
? Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
? Excellent ability to work effectively either as a leader of a project or as an individual contributor is required.
? Ability to make commitments and deliver results consistent with those commitments is required.
? Individual and leadership contribution developing software on at least four industrial-strength software projects is required.
? Mastery of modern software methodologies, design patterns and best-practices ? Windows and Windows Server
? Experience with C# and .Net 4.0.
? Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Forms.
? Experience with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) or Windows Services Enhancements (WSE).
? Experience with Microsoft IIS or with any J2EE compliant application server.
? Working knowledge of various SDLC methodologies (waterfall, agile).
? Experience with Java and the Eclipse IDE
? Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services desirable
- See more at: http://careers.precyse.com/view-job/?jobid=731#sthash.muKv0nry.dpuf
||Wayne, PA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED