Lead Software Engineer, API Team Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
- Twilio is powering the future of business communications, providing a platform for building modern, communications-enabled applications - light, cloud-based, scalable, and user experience focused.
- Nearly 150,000 developers have signed up to be a part of this disruption, building applications for security, privacy, and fraud prevention; customer service and help desk support; sales communications; marketing and lead management; business process and logistics; and business communications and collaboration.
- Twilio customers include great brands like airbnb, eBay, Hulu, Intuit, LinkedIn, Quora, Sony, SurveyMonkey, Trulia, WalmartLabs, and ZenDesk.
- Twilio is energizing the $1.3 trillion telecom market. Come help modernize an enormous industry with software.
About the Job:
- We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer to lead Twilio's API team and build the best telecommunications on the planet.
- This is a lead role focused on building new parts of Twilio's public HTTP, API and maintaining the framework that it's built on.
- Own the framework of the API that is the core of Twilio's business. The Twilio API supports a wide range of communications functionality such as voice calls, SMS messaging and phone numbers. Because of the product we offer, Twilio API requests must be highly reliable, highly available and low latency.
- Drive your team towards successful deliveries of scalable, maintainable and secure code.
- Work directly with product management to define, architect and build new customer-facing Twilio API's.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, HTTP, API design and more.
- Write quality, maintainable code in both PHP and Python with extensive test coverage in a fast paced professional software engineering environment.
- Be part of the R&D leadership bench that drives Twilio.
- Experience leading engineers in a technical leadership role
- 7+ years in industry as a developer working with HTTP, preferably in Python and PHP.
- Strong background in HTTP, networking and security
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- You have a favorite HTTP status code.
- You have an opinion about rails' move to using PATCH.
- You know what HTTP OPTIONS is and what you'd use it for.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers
- Excellent gear ("We Apple computers and big monitors - two if you need 'em");
- A strong belief in life/work balance
How to apply:
- Want to stand out? Sign up and build an app using the Twilio API. Include a link to it in your cover letter. Bonus points for pointing out bugs or things that annoyed you/could be better about the platform.
||San Francisco, CA 94105 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services