Lead Software Engineer Twilio
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About the Role:
- We are looking for a senior technical leader to support the next phase of team and product growth. You will be a key technical contributor at Twilio.
- You will make significant architectural decisions and also work with teams on high performance/high availability distributed systems. We code in Python Twisted, PHP, Java, Ruby, and C and are looking for someone who can code and mentor a team of developers in one or more of these languages.
- We are an engineering-driven company. We were founded by developers, our customers are developers, and we are passionate about building robust reliable software.
- We care about automation of everything from our clusters and testing; to the employee on-boarding process. We can bring up a Twilio cluster that supports our complete voice and SMS stack running on hundreds of servers with the push of one button.
- Lead the architecture for the project, review code for your team and scope projects and milestones. This represents the majority of your time.
- Code critical components on your project
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a professional software engineering environment with source control, a dev/stage/prod release cycle and continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Drive your team towards successful deliveries of scalable, maintainable and secure code.
- You have demonstrated the ability to lead engineers.
- You have made significant architectural decisions and coded high performance/high availability distributed systems.
- You treat engineering process as another product of the company and subject to similar development, testing and deployment methodologies as technology products.
o Youve used tools like Pivotal Tracker, Trac, Jira, FogBugz, or plain old Post-it notes.
- You can motivate and lead a team, other than saying Could you, um... work any harder than this
- You are a prolific coder who can take a project and run with it.
- Open source. You do it. You dig it.
- You dont just learn how things work, you learn why.
- You read up on and experiment with new technologies because its in your nature, not because its a job requirement. You follow the Redis, Mongrel2 and the NoSQL drama with curiosity, interest, disdain, etc.
- Formal training in computer science (bachelors, masters, whatever)
- Generous Stock Options.
- Full insurance benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- Full computing benefits: Macs, two if you need em. Big ol monitors.
- Meritocracy We reward the awesome.
||548 Market St #14510 |
San Francisco, CA 94104
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Twilio powers the future of business communications. Enabling phones, VoIP, and messaging to be embedded into web, desktop, and mobile software.Self Funded All Jobs: at Twilio
|Headquarters:||645 Harrison Street|
San Francisco, CA 94107
|Company Profile:||Twilio is the developer platform for communications. With Twilio, developers and businesses make communications contextual by embedding voice, video, messaging and authentication directly into their software. We are re-inventing the communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Twilio has more than 700,000 registered developers. Industry disruptors including Uber, Box and DocuSign and enterprises like Nordstrom, Coca-Cola, Walmart and Home Depot trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
Twilio is recognized as one of the 10 Fastest Growing Companies in San Francisco, one of The Bay Area's 10 Most InDemand Startups, and has over 400 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, Bogota, Tallinn, Dublin, London and Hong Kong.|
Support Twilio with Social Media services