Lead Software Engineer Twilio Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED About the Role:
- We are looking for a senior technical leader to support the next phase of team and product growth. You will be a key technical contributor at Twilio.
- You will make significant architectural decisions and also work with teams on high performance/high availability distributed systems. We code in Python Twisted, PHP, Java, Ruby, and C and are looking for someone who can code and mentor a team of developers in one or more of these languages.
- We are an engineering-driven company. We were founded by developers, our customers are developers, and we are passionate about building robust reliable software.
- We care about automation of everything from our clusters and testing; to the employee on-boarding process. We can bring up a Twilio cluster that supports our complete voice and SMS stack running on hundreds of servers with the push of one button.
- Lead the architecture for the project, review code for your team and scope projects and milestones. This represents the majority of your time.
- Code critical components on your project
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a professional software engineering environment with source control, a dev/stage/prod release cycle and continuous integration and deployment processes.
- Drive your team towards successful deliveries of scalable, maintainable and secure code.
- You have demonstrated the ability to lead engineers.
- You have made significant architectural decisions and coded high performance/high availability distributed systems.
- You treat engineering process as another product of the company and subject to similar development, testing and deployment methodologies as technology products.
o Youve used tools like Pivotal Tracker, Trac, Jira, FogBugz, or plain old Post-it notes.
- You can motivate and lead a team, other than saying Could you, um... work any harder than this
- You are a prolific coder who can take a project and run with it.
- Open source. You do it. You dig it.
- You dont just learn how things work, you learn why.
- You read up on and experiment with new technologies because its in your nature, not because its a job requirement. You follow the Redis, Mongrel2 and the NoSQL drama with curiosity, interest, disdain, etc.
- Formal training in computer science (bachelors, masters, whatever)
- Generous Stock Options.
- Full insurance benefits: Medical, Dental, & Vision.
- Full computing benefits: Macs, two if you need em. Big ol monitors.
- Meritocracy We reward the awesome.
||548 Market St #14510 |
San Francisco, CA 94104
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED