Lead Visual Designer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Lead Visual Designer
Creative | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Livestrong.com is looking for a Lead Visual Designer to create, guide and support the visual language of products across web, mobile, desktop and devices. This position works closely with our product managers, art director, engineers to create engaging and original designs that reflect business requirements, support user needs, and are technically feasible.
Who You Are:
- You consider Photoshop to be a natural extension of your fingers. Your knowledge of keyboard shortcuts makes other designers uncomfortable.
- You understand modern web techniques & interactions.
- You have deep, well-thought-out opinions on grids & typography.
- Poorly kerned text makes you a little bit angry and a little bit sad.
- You have the ability to detach yourself from your work, discard it when it's not right and start over.
- You're the kind of designer that insists on delivering pixel-perfect comps.
- Collaborate with fellow Designers and Product Managers to create beautiful, inspiring visual designs.
- Participate in brainstorms that generate innovative, unexpected ideas - and contribute to the design direction at project outset.
- Validate input from other stakeholders
- Explore, investigate, kick off, and evangelize design initiatives based off UX needs.
- Present design concepts to design/engineering teams
- Be proactive about obtaining feedback, and be receptive to direction and suggestions for additional iterations or new alternatives.
- Create visual designs for interactive prototypes, and iterate and evolve your design concepts.
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for the role with work that demonstrates exceptional visual design skill and stylistic breadth. Portfolios should include examples of interactive work with a focus on mobile and web design of shipping products.
- Extensive experience designing for mobile, web & tablet.
- Proven ability to create mock-ups and produce multiple iterations efficiently.
- Experience contributing to the overall visual design direction for UX projects.
- Working knowledge of full end-to-end, user-centered design processes, techniques, and deliverables.
- An online portfolio showcasing your best work.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience producing visual design, interaction design, and user interface design, with significant mobile experience.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and other tools).
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, DHTML and CSS.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED