Learning and Development Specialist
Reporting relationship: TBD
Location: Pleasanton, CA (Workdayâs Corporate Headquarters)
Workday's mission is to build the next generation of enterprise business servicesâHuman Capital Management, Financial Management and Payrollâand deliver those solutions on a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. Now, Workday is also building an internal Human Resources team to support the growth of this highly successful company.
If youâre looking for an opportunity to be part of a customer-oriented company whose product is literally changing the Human Resources space; lives and breathes the culture of âemployees firstâ; employs some of the brightest minds in the business and is experiencing rapid growth across all of its functions and geographies, read onâ¦
This role is best filled by a smart, flexible, high-energy, positive, hands-on, creative, team-oriented, service-oriented, flexible individual who takes his/her work seriously but him/herself not as much (âfunâ is a stated company value at Workday). Workdayâs employee base equally represents those early in their career looking for professional development, a level of informality, social impact and camaraderie; and highly experienced, ground-breaking, mentor-oriented industry leaders in their respective functions â a âdreamâ HR challenge.
This role is a critical one for Workday given its high growth and the need/desire to retain and develop the talented employees we have. Workday must also ensure quick time-to-productivity of new hires and core competencies of its supervisors, managers and leaders. We want Workdayâs employeesâ careers to be put on a higher growth trajectory as a direct result of working for this company.
This role will join a small team already in place focused on designing a blended learning philosophy and strategy for Workday globally; developing company-wide orientation and on-boarding programs; creating leadership training programs; developing competency models integrated into hiring and training for functions such as Sales and Services.Job Requirements and Preferences
- Minimum of 8 yearsâ experience as a learning & development professional
- Experience in global, multi-culture, multi-generational, high-growth companies, with a strong bias toward internal employee development/promotion (versus external hiring)
- Deep experience developing competency models and associated development strategies preferably in a high-tech environment
- Hands-on program development combined with configuration of off-the-shelf offerings
- Strong platform training & facilitations skills
- Instructional design expertise especially with eLearning, video and webinar mediums
- On-boarding program design â company-wide and department-specific
- Design of creative, fun, formal and informal approaches to learning
- Must have a âspeed to deliveryâ âstart then iterateâ mentality; no over-engineering
- Excellent organizational partnering (with HR and functional leaders)
- Experience developing talent and performance management programs