Lijit- Systems Admin Federated Media Publishing
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems and network hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system and network hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
The SA supports day-to-day operational activities, including issue/problem resolution, request management, system updates, new software deployments and assisting project teams with technical issues.
The SA is accountable for systems including the following: Ubuntu and CentOS Linux, and Windows Server OS, running in physical, virtualized and public cloud environments, software load balancers, Dell Equallogic and NetApp storage solutions, and Brocade and Cisco network infrastructure including switches, routers and firewalls.
The SA will be responsible for the following, as well as other duties as assigned by management:
SA Engineering and Provisioning
1. Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
2. Installing new / rebuilding existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
3. Supporting application installations.
4. Developing, maintaining, and documenting installation and configuration procedures.
5. Contributing to, maintaining, and documenting system standards.
6. Researching and recommending innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identifying approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support
1. Performing daily system monitoring. Verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes. Reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
2. Performing regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
3. Performing daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
4. Performing regular file archival and purging as necessary.
5. Creating, changing, disabling, and deleting user accounts per request.
6. Providing support on request from various constituencies. Investigating and troubleshooting issues.
7. Repairing and recovering from hardware or software failures. Coordinating and communicating with impacted constituencies.
1. Applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrading administrative tools and utilities. Configuring / adding new services as necessary.
2. Upgrading and configuring system software that supports installed applications
3. Maintaining operational, configuration, or other procedural documentation.
4. Performing periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
5. Performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configuring CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
6. Maintaining data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
Candidates for the position should have four to six years of systems administration experience.
This position deals with a variety of problems and the SA will sometimes have to decide which answer is best. The question/issues are typically complex and require determination of which answer from a few choices is the best.
Decisions for which the SA will be responsible can have a noticeable effect department-wide and company-wide, and judgment errors can frequently require one to two weeks to correct or reverse.
RESPONSIBILITY/OVERSIGHT ?FINANCIAL & SUPERVISORY:
1. May function as a lead worker doing the work similar to those in the work unit, and may have responsibility for training, instruction, setting the work pace, and possibly evaluating performance.
2. Will support project budget estimations.
1. Will interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves technical terminology or concepts not familiar to many people, will regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues, and may resolve problems within established practices. The SA should be comfortable explaining technical concepts in a cross-disciplinary setting.
2. Will provide occasional guidance, some of which is technical, sometimes to a non-technical audience.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
1. Responsibilities will sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little or no advanced notice. The System Administrator will participate in the on-call rotation schedule.
2. Some travel required.
3. Lifting of equipment up to 50 pounds may be required.
||Boulder, CO |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED