Linux System Administrator â Lab Team Turn
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is looking for a Linux system administrator to join the technical staff in Technical Operations team to oversee, manage, maintain and improve the infrastructure, systems and development tools used daily by our growing teams of software engineers. If you are passionate about GNU/Linux system administration and about providing ever improving tools, development and testing environments to enable and empower the software engineering teams, you are the person we're looking for. This position provides the opportunity to be part of a Technical Operations team providing cutting edge, global network and compute infrastructure to run a fast growing SaaS business.
- System administration and server management: administer the systems hosting our internal development tools and our QA environments
- Scale and improve our systems: our development teams keep on growing; help design, scale and improve the tools and systems powering Turn's innovation
- Keep it running: we move fast and development happens almost 24/7, our development tools must be up and running!
- Learn and grow: learn from local experts and expand your skills and responsibilities.
- Your responsibilities will include managing, improving and expanding our Git repositories hosting (Git/Gitolite/Gitweb), our colloboration tools (Atlassian tool suite: Jira, Confluence, Fisheye and Crucible), our continuous build and integration platform (Jenkins) and all the other tools that empower our software engineering and QA teams; past experience with these is a definite plus
- 1 to 5+ years of relevant experience, a degree in Computer Science or Engineering is desired
- Solid background in the fundamentals of GNU/Linux systems, system administration, computer science. Some programming (scripting in Shell/Python) is desired
- Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver with a positive, friendly attitude
- Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
- Experience with GNU/Linux systems administration and personal or professional exposure to opensource is a must
- Some experience maintaining and running software development and collaboration tools across several machines (5 to 10, growing) and serving 50 to 100+ users as the engineering teams grow
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
||Redwood City, CA 94063 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED