Linux System Administrator (PLE) 01034 Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings?
You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
Workday is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator to join our Production Infrastructure team.Â With a fast growing customer base and a Software-as-Service model, you need to constantly think security, scalability, and reliability. You must enjoy the fast pace of an Internet company where the requirements for the data center infrastructure will change rapidly. Your daily work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You won't be bored with repetitive tasks as you'll be busy growing your skills as the company grows. As we are growing rapidly we need to constantly grow our team of experienced systems engineers with people who have the knowledge, desire and ability to manage multiple thousands of servers. This successful candidate needs to be a self-starter who can dive head first into an experienced and agile team and get up to speed in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
* Work as a member of a global team administering large 7 x 24 cloud platforms
* Install hardware, build servers, troubleshoot and fix hardware issues
* Account management, code packaging and general administration work
* Will be part of the 7 x 24 on-all schedule
* Will be responsible for testing, planning and implementing changes during regular maintenance windows
* 3-5 years expertise in designing, building, operating, and troubleshooting Linux/Unix-based systems
* Production support experience is a bonus
* Experience with virtualization using KVM and VMWARE is a bonus
* Server build experience using tools such as Kickstart, Jumpstart or Cobbler
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet
* Scripting experience with such tools as BASH, PERL, Ruby or Python
* Technical degree or work experience equivalent
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services